Mark J. Greene
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Kansas State Senate District 10|
|High school||Shawnee Mission North (1987)|
|Bachelor's||Kansas University (1994)|
Greene attended Kansas University, receiving a Bachelor's degree in Theater Design. He is a member of the Knights of Columbus.
Greene's website highlights the following campaign themes:
On Economic Opportunities and Growth
- Excerpt:"Encourage job creation and economic development. As the recession starts to turn around we need to continue on a path toward prosperity and ensure job and business opportunities for all Kansans."
For The Best Public Schools in the Nation
- Excerpt:"Ensure that our excellent public schools receive adequate funding and that our children continue to receive the knowledge and tools necessary to become active, productive citizens of the 21st century."
On Cheap Energy and a Clean Environment
- Excerpt:"Protect our environment and develop new energy projects. Kansas is the second windiest state in the country. We need to harness that potential to produce clean energy, which in turn will create new jobs."
For A Better Health Care System for Everyone
- Excerpt:"Find ways to reduce the cost of health care to make it more accessible and affordable for all Kansans, while paying special attention to the needs of our seniors and our children."
On Keeping Our Moral Covenant
- Excerpt:"Defend the most vulnerable of our population by funding necessary social services that are vital to so many disabled Kansans and ensure they receive the care, treatment, and dignity they deserve."
- See also: Kansas State Senate elections, 2012
Greene ran in the 2012 election for Kansas State Senate District 10. He ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on August 7 and was defeated by Mary Pilcher-Cook in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Kansas State Senate, District 10, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Mark J. Greene Incumbent||41.8%||13,900|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Mark + Greene + Kansas + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- A Year Later, Newtown Tragedy Yields Little Policy Change - Education Week News
- Could a budget deal come today Who pays for education advocacy Teachers in ... - Politico
- Newtown asks for privacy, kindness on 1-year mark - Kansas.com
- NHL Capsules - Kansas City Star
- Anaheim Ducks vs. Los Angeles Kings - Live Stream, Team News and NHL ... - Crunchsports.com
- This Day, November 18, In Jewish History by Mitchell A. Levin - Cleveland Jewish News (blog)
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Mark J. Greene on Facebook
- Mark J. Greene on Twitter
- Mark J. Greene on LinkedIn
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 "greeneforkansas," Official Campaign Website
- ↑ Kansas Secretary of State, "Candidates for the 2012 Primary (official)," retrieved July 4, 2012.
- ↑ Kansas Secretary of State, Official 2012 Primary Results
- ↑ Kansas Secretary of State, "2012 Kansas General Election Results," accessed November 7, 2012