|Mark J. Romanchuk|
|Ohio House of Representatives District 2|
|January 1, 2013 - present|
|January 1, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Term limits||4 terms (8 years)|
|High school||Ontario High School|
|Bachelor's||DeVry University, B.S. (Electronic engineering technology)|
|Master's||Vanderbilt University, M.B.A.|
|Profession||Owner/President, PR Machine Works, Inc.|
Romanchuk earned his B.S. in Electronic Engineering Technology from DeVry University and his M.B.A. from Vanderbilt University. Romanchuk is the Owner and President of PR Machine Works, Inc.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Romanchuk served on the following committees:
|Ohio Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Manufacturing and Workforce Development|
|• Public Utilities|
Romanchuk supports policies that will grow small businesses and favors increased worker training investments. He stated that he is a conservative who "believes the power of the government is limited by the Constitution and that we all have inalienable rights that uphold human life, dignity, and freedom."
Elections for the office of Ohio House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place May 6, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 5, 2014. Don Bryant was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while incumbent Mark Romanchuk was unopposed in the Republican primary. Romanchuk and Bryant will face off in the general election.
Romanchuk won election in the 2012 election for Ohio House, District 2. Romanchuk defeated Craig Wright in the March 6 Republican primary election and defeated Ellen Haring (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Ohio House of Representatives, District 2, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Mark J. Romanchuk||57.2%||31,482|
|Ohio House of Representatives District 2 Republican Primary, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Romanchuk is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Romanchuk raised a total of $264,220 during that time period. This information was last updated on May 31, 2013.
|Mark Romanchuk's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Ohio State House, District 2||$264,220|
|Grand Total Raised||$264,220|
2012Romanchuk won election to the Ohio State House in 2012. During that election cycle, Romanchuk raised a total of $264,220.
|Ohio State House 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Mark Romanchuk's campaign in 2012|
|Ohio House Republican Organizational Committee||$70,907|
|Ohio Republican Party||$46,634|
|Romanchuk, Mr. Mark||$20,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$264,220|
|Source:Follow the Money|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Mark + Romanchuk + Ohio + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Ohio House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Ohio General Assembly
- Joint Committees
- Ohio state legislative districts
- Ohio House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Profile from the Ohio House of Representatives
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Follow the Money
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- WMFD.com, "Business Owner Running For House Of Representatives," January 10, 2012
- Romanchuck2012.com, "Mark's plan," accessed September 24, 2012
- Ohio Secretary of State, "Official primary election results for May 6, 2014," accessed July 3, 2014
- Ohio Chamber of Commerce, "2012 General Assembly Primary Candidates," January 17, 2012
- Ohio Secretary of State, "2012 Republican Primary Results," accessed June 12, 2014
- Ohio Secretary of State, "Ohio official results for 2012 General Election," accessed June 10, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Romanchuk, Mark," accessed May 31, 2013
|Ohio House of Representatives - District 2
| Succeeded by|
State of Ohio
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Superintendent of Industrial Compliance and Labor | Chairman of Public Utilities |