Mark Jones (Missouri)
|Former candidate for|
|Board member, Fox Board of Education, At-large|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||April 7, 2015|
|High school||Fox Senior High School|
|Associate's||Christ to the World Bible College at St. Louis|
|Other||The University of Missouri at St. Louis|
|Service/branch||United States Army Reserve|
|Years of service||1986 - 1995|
Jones previously ran unsuccessfully for an at-large seat on the board in 2013 and 2014.
Mark Jones is a resident of Jefferson County, Mo. Jones graduated from Fox Senior High School before earning his associate's degree in biblical studies from Christ to the World Bible College at St. Louis and his chancellor's certificates in web design and web development from the University of Missouri at St. Louis. He also attended St. Louis Community College at Meramec, Southeast Missouri State University, Southern Illinois University Carbondale, American Sentinel University and the New Horizons Computer Learning Center.
Jones served in the United States Army Reserve from 1986 to 1995. He is employed as a senior consultant with Intervolve, Inc. and also operates his own business, Jones Creative.
- See also: Fox C-6 School District elections (2015)
The election in Fox featured two of the seven seats on the board up for general election on April 7, 2015. Incumbent David Palmer ran for re-election against challengers Robin Hanson, Chris Hastings, Mark Jones, Drew Kriese and Sherry Poppen for the two at-large seats. Hastings and Poppen defeated the other four candidates to win the election.
|Fox C-6 School District, At-Large General Election, 3-year term, 2015|
|Nonpartisan||David Palmer Incumbent||12.6%||837|
|Source: Jefferson County Election Board, "Election Summary Report," accessed April 7, 2015 These election results are not official and will be updated when certified results are available. You can submit certified results by contacting us.|
Jones received endorsements from state Sen. Paul Wieland (R-22) and state Reps. John McCaherty (R-97), Rob Vescovo (R-112) and Dan Shaul (R-113). He also received endorsements from Jefferson County Executive Ken Waller, Jefferson County Council District 2 member Renee Reuter and Arnold Mayor Ron Counts.
- See also: Fox C-6 School District elections (2014)
Jones ran against incumbent John Laughlin and fellow challengers Chris Hastings, Dawn Mullins, Vernon Sullivan and write-in candidate Robert Gruenewald in the general election on April 8, 2014. Laughlin, Mullins and Sullivan won the three at-large seats.
|Fox C-6 School District, At-Large General Election, 3-year term, 2014|
|Nonpartisan||John Laughlin Incumbent||20.2%||2,190|
|Source: Jefferson County Election Board, "April 8, 2014 General Municipal Election," accessed February 25, 2015|
Jones received endorsements from state Rep. John McCaherty (R-97), state Rep. Paul Wieland (R-112), Jefferson County Council member Bob Boyer, Jefferson County Council member Renee Reuter and Jefferson County Executive Ken Waller.
|Fox C-6 School District, At-Large General Election, 3-year term, 2013|
|Nonpartisan||Ruth Ann Newman Incumbent||16.8%||1,564|
|Nonpartisan||Pete Nicholas Incumbent||13%||1,209|
|Source: Jefferson County Election Board, "April 2, 2013 General Municipal Election Results," accessed February 12, 2014|
Jones completed a voter guide profile for the St. Louis Post-Dispatch:
|“||What are your top priorities for the district?
1. Put our kids first: what's best for our children MUST be the driving force in all decisions made in the district. Improve needed resources in classrooms. Attract/retain the best talent. 2. Protect your tax dollars: public trust must be restored through wise decisions, high integrity and transparency. 3. Produce college and career-ready graduates.
Why are you qualified to serve in this office?
I grew up in and graduated from the district. I am acquainted with the current issues, strengths and needs. I am not a newcomer. I have years of technical and business experience, dealing with multi-million dollar projects. I will work WITH the board to move us forward. I am honest, trustworthy and passionate about providing the best education possible for our children.
—Mark Jones, (2015)
About the district
- See also: Fox C-6 School District, Missouri
Jefferson County underperformed compared to the rest of Missouri in terms of higher education achievement in 2013. The United States Census Bureau found that 17.4 percent of county residents aged 25 years and older had attained a bachelor's degree compared to 26.2 percent for Missouri as a whole. The median household income in Jefferson County was $54,845 compared to $47,380 for the state of Missouri. The poverty rate was 11.3 percent compared to 15.5 percent for the entire state.
Note: The United States Census Bureau considers "Hispanic or Latino" to be a place of origin rather than a race. Citizens may report both their race and their place of origin, and as a result, the percentages in each column of the racial demographics table may exceed 100 percent.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the terms "Mark Jones Fox School District."
- Some of the stories below may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of Google's news search engine.
- Fox C-6 School District, Missouri
- Fox C-6 School District elections (2014)
- Fox C-6 School District elections (2015)
- Leader Publications, "Six hopefuls crowd race for two seats," July 23, 2013
- Missouri for Jones, "Who Am I?," accessed March 16, 2015
- Missouri Ethics Commission, "Candidates By Election Search," accessed March 26, 2015
- Missouri for Jones, "Endorsements," accessed April 2, 2015
- Missouri Ethics Commission, "Candidate Information," accessed February 13, 2014
- Missouri for Jones, "Index," accessed February 13, 2014
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- St. Louis Post-Dispatch, "Voters Guide," accessed April 4, 2015
- United States Census Bureau, "Jefferson County, Missouri," accessed February 3, 2014
- National Center for Education Statistics, "ELSI Table Generator," accessed April 22, 2014
- Missouri Secretary of State, "Missouri Election Results," accessed January 23, 2015
- United States Census Bureau, "Frequently Asked Questions," accessed April 21, 2014
- Each column will add up to 100 percent after removing the "Hispanic or Latino" place of origin percentages, although rounding by the Census Bureau may make the total one- or two-tenths off from being exactly 100 percent. This Ballotpedia page provides a more detailed explanation of how the Census Bureau handles race and ethnicity in its surveys.
|2015 Fox C-6 School District Elections|
|Jefferson County, Missouri|
|Election date:||April 7, 2015|
|Candidates:||At-large: • Incumbent, David Palmer • Robin Hanson • Chris Hastings • Mark Jones • Drew Kriese • Sherry Poppen|
|Important information:||Key deadlines • Additional elections on the ballot|
|2014 Fox C-6 School District Elections|
|Jefferson County, Missouri|
|Election date:||April 8, 2014|
|Candidates:||At-large: • Incumbent, John Laughlin • Chris Hastings • Mark Jones • Dawn Mullins • Vernon Sullivan|
|Important information:||What was at stake? • Key deadlines • Additional elections on the ballot|