Mark L. Shaw
|Mark L. Shaw|
|Illinois House of Representatives District 58|
|Bachelor's||Purdue University, 1984|
|J.D.||Indiana University, 1988|
Shaw has served as the Special Counsel for Lake Forest Caucus, the Lake Forest Plan Commissioner, and the Special Counsel for Cook County Hospital. He is the Chairman of the West Deerfield Township Republican Organization and a Republican 10th Congressional District State Committeeman.
Shaw's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Taxes & Spending
- Excerpt: "Illinois doesn’t have a revenue problem, it has a spending problem. Punishing the people who create revenue through taxation is the fastest way to destroy an incentive-based economy."
- Jobs & The Economy
- Excerpt: "I will reverse the harmful legislation that drives jobs and businesses out of Illinois. I will work with job-creating Illinois manufacturing industries to expand their worker training and apprentice programs to the northern suburbs."
- Pension Insolvency
- Excerpt: "For the last 30 years, Democrat House Speaker Michael Madigan approved every pension increase, perk and loophole promoted by the public employee labor unions who fill his political campaign bank accounts with millions of dollars. Now the Illinois public pension system is bankrupt, and Madigan wants to increase suburban homeowners’ property taxes to make up for part of the $80 billion deficit. I will never vote to approve that."
- State Debt & Education Funding
- Excerpt: "Education in Illinois is underfunded because legislators borrowed billions of dollars to finance excessive Medicaid, pension and welfare programs that are unsustainable. ...If we are to lower suburban property taxes, we must force Springfield and Chicago to balance the books so that we can fully fund our schools and guarantee a good education for future generations."
Shaw ran in the 2012 election for Illinois House of Representatives District 58. He filed as a petition candidate after the March 20 Republican primary and was defeated by Scott Drury (D) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 58, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Mark L. Shaw||44.1%||21,552|
Shaw has a wife, Lynn, and a child, A.J. Shaw also is a cub scout master and a former soccer coach in Lake Forest, IL. He assists with the Lake County Teen Court and is on the Lake Forest Open Lands Association.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Mark + Shaw + Illinois + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Campaign Website
- Campaign Facebook page
- Responses to Chicago Tribune questionnaire
- West Deerfield Township Republican Organization profile
- Project Vote Smart profile
- Bio submission to Ballotpedia, September 12, 2012
- Elect Mark Shaw, "About Mark," accessed October 3, 2012
- Bio submission to Ballotpedia, October 16, 2012
- Elect Mark Shaw, "Issues," accessed October 3, 2012
- Illinois State Board of Elections, 2012 General Election Candidate List, retrieved August 5, 2012.
- Illinois State Board of Elections, “Official Vote - November 6, 2012 General Election,” accessed January 18, 2013
State of Illinois
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Auditor General | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor | Chairman of Commerce Commission |