|Former candidate for|
|U.S. House, Alabama, District 6|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Rhodes College, 1973|
|Master's||Harvard University, 1975|
|J.D.||University of Virginia School of Law, 1979|
|Ph.D.||University of Oxford, 1991|
|Profession||Professor of History|
Lester holds a B.A. from Rhodes College, an M.A. from Harvard University, a J.D. from the University of Virginia School of Law and a Ph.D. in modern history from the University of Oxford. He has worked as a lawyer and assistant United States attorney in Little Rock, Arkansas. Lester has taught history at Birmingham Southern College since 1991.
Lester's campaign website listed the following issues:
—Mark Lester's campaign website, http://www.lesterforcongress.com/issues
Lester ran in the 2014 election for the U.S. House to represent Alabama's 6th District. Lester replaced candidate Avery Vise after Vise withdrew from the race on August 16, 2014. He was defeated by Gary Palmer (R) in the general election on November 4, 2014.
|U.S. House, Alabama District 6 General Election, 2014|
|Source: Alabama Secretary of State|
|Mark Lester (2014) Campaign Finance Reports|
|Report||Date Filed||Beginning Balance||Total Contributions|
for Reporting Period
|Expenditures||Cash on Hand|
|October Quarterly||October 14, 2014||$0||$101,931||$(25,362)||$76,568|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "'Mark + Lester + Alabama + Congress"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- United States House of Representatives
- Alabama's 6th Congressional District elections, 2014
- Alabama's 6th Congressional District
- AL.com, "Alabama Democratic Party nominates Birmingham-Southern professor Mark Lester in 6th congressional district," August 16, 2014
- Bio submission to Ballotpedia, August 18, 2014
- Campaign website, "Issues," accessed August 20, 2014
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- The Huffington Post, "Election 2014," November 4, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "Mark Lester October Quarterly," accessed October 21, 2014
State of Alabama
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer| Auditor| Superintendent of Education| Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Labor| Public Service Commission|