Mark Levinstein is a resident of Orange County, New York. Levinstein earned an A.S. degree in business from Orange County Community College. He is employed as the chief executive officer of North Point Carpet Supplies.
Mark Levinstein, fellow incumbents Dawn Fucheck and Thomas Woodhull and seven other challengers lost to newcomers Kenneth Copertino, Carole Mineo, William Swart and Darren Stridiron for the four at-large seats in the general election on May 20, 2014.
One of the seats up for election was vacated as a result of the death of board member Judith A. McAfee. The candidate who received the most votes but who was not an incumbent, Carole Mineo, received that seat, which carried an unexpired two-year term.
|Newburgh Enlarged City School District, At-Large General Election, 3-year term, 2014|
|Nonpartisan||George Bowles, Jr.||7.1%||808|
|Nonpartisan||Dawn Fucheck Incumbent||7%||791|
|Nonpartisan||Mark Levinstein Incumbent||6.3%||716|
|Nonpartisan||Thomas Woodhull Incumbent||4.4%||503|
|Source: Newburgh Enlarged City School District, "School & Library Budget Vote and School Board Election - 5/20/14," accessed July 10, 2014|
Levinstein did not receive any endorsements during the election.
|Newburgh Enlarged City School District, At-Large General Election, 3-year term, 2011|
|Nonpartisan||Dawn Fucheck Incumbent||21%||1,482|
|Nonpartisan||Stephen A. Bedetti||11.1%||785|
|Nonpartisan||William J. Morgan||8.1%||575|
|Nonpartisan||Ed Poppiti Incumbent||7.7%||544|
|Source: Newburgh Enlarged City School District, "2011-2012 School & Library Budget Vote and School Board Election," accessed May 1, 2014|
In a survey conducted by the school district, Levinstein stated that the following should be the district's top priorities in 2014:
|“||Raising graduation rates, safety & well-being of our students- ensure that all our students receive a superior learning experience, offering a wide variety of options for our students.||”|
—Newburgh Enlarged City School District candidate survey, (2014), 
About the districtOrange County, New York. The county seat of Orange County is Goshen, New York. Orange County is home to 375,592 residents, according to the United States Census Bureau. Newburgh Enlarged City is the 10th-largest school district in New York, serving 11,544 students during the 2011-2012 school year.
Orange County underperformed in comparison to the rest of New York in terms of higher education achievement in 2012. The United States Census Bureau found that 28.7 percent of Orange County residents aged 25 years and older had attained a bachelor's degree compared to 32.8 percent for New York as a whole. The median household income in Orange County was $70,712 compared to $57,683 for the state of New York. The poverty rate in Orange County was 11.7 percent compared to 14.9 percent for the entire state.
Note: The United States Census Bureau considers "Hispanic or Latino" to be a place of origin, not a race. Therefore, the Census allows citizens to report both their race and that they are from a "Hispanic or Latino" place of origin simultaneously. As a result, the percentages in each column of the racial demographics table will exceed 100 percent. Each column will add up to 100 percent after removing the "Hispanic or Latino" place of origin percentages, although rounding by the Census Bureau may make the total one or two tenths off from being exactly 100 percent.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Mark + Levinstein + Newburgh + Enlarged + City + School + District"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Newburgh Enlarged City School District, New York
- Newburgh Enlarged City School District elections (2014)
- Mid Hudson Times, "School vote is Tuesday," May 12, 2011
- Newburgh Enlarged City School District, "2014-2015 Budget Information," accessed May 20, 2014
- Information submitted to Ballotpedia via phone call with the Newburgh Enlarged City School District administration on May 1, 2014.
- New York State Board of Elections, "Contribution Search," accessed May 20, 2014
- New York State Board of Elections, "Expenditure Search," accessed May 20, 2014
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- United States Census Bureau, "Orange County, New York," accessed May 1, 2014
- National Center for Education Statistics, "ELSI Table Generator," accessed April 21, 2014
- New York State Board of Elections, "NYS Voter Enrollment by County, Party Affiliation and Status - Voters Registered as of November 01, 2013," accessed April 11, 2014
- United States Census Bureau, "Frequently Asked Questions," accessed April 21, 2014
|2014 Newburgh Enlarged City School District Elections|
|Orange County, New York|
|Election date:||May 20, 2014|
|Candidates:||At-large: • Incumbent, Dawn Fucheck • Incumbent, Mark Levinstein • Incumbent, Thomas Woodhull • Andres Arestin • George Bowles, Jr. • Kenneth Copertino • Runston Lewis • Carole Mineo • Sheila Murphy • Robert Pagliaro • David Rein • Darren Stridiron • William Swart • Nathan Vesely|
|Important information:||Key deadlines • Additional elections on the ballot|