|Former candidate for|
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 97|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
Lightfoot's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
|“||I will fight for Mid-Michigan by working to:
Eliminate the new tax on retirement income and fully restore the Earned Income Tax Credit and the $600 per-child deduction. The recent shift of giving tax breaks to corporations at the expense of seniors and the middle class has gone on too long. I will fight for tax relief in Lansing.
Create and protect good jobs by reducing the taxes and regulations that hurt our small businesses. As a longtime small-business owner, I know what small businesses need to grow and succeed. I’ll support our homegrown entrepreneurs – including our vital agriculture industry – and help make Michigan attractive to new businesses and emerging industries.
Elections for the office of Michigan House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 5, 2014, and a general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 22, 2014. Mark Lightfoot was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Incumbent Joel Johnson was unopposed in the Republican primary. Johnson defeated Lightfoot in the general election.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 97 General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Joel Johnson Incumbent||63.1%||16,570|
Lightfoot ran for election to the District 97 seat in 2010. He defeated Tim Barnum and Jason Liptow in the August 3 Democratic primary. He was defeated by Joel Johnson (R) in the general election on November 2, 2010.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 97 General election (2010)|
|Joel Johnson (R)||16,818|
|Mark Lightfoot (D)||10,657|
|Brandon Dickhausen (L)||1,392|
In 2014, Lightfoot's endorsements included the following:
- Michigan Professional Fire Fighters Union
- Fraternal Order Of Police
- Michigan Association of Police Organizations
- Greater Bay Area Central Labor Council
- Michigan Townships Association
- Michigan Public Transit Association
- County Road Association of Michigan
- Police Officers Association of Michigan
- Michigan Nurses Association
- Auto Dealers of Michigan
- American Federation of Teachers, Michigan
- International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers
- Operating Engineers
- Michigan Licensed Beverage Association
- Michigan Resturant Association
- United Food and Commercial Workers
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Mark + Lightfoot + Michigan + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Michigan House of Representatives
- Michigan House of Representatives District 97
- Michigan House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Michigan State Legislature
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan Primary Candidate Listing," accessed May 27, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan General Candidate Listing," accessed September 8, 2014
- Friends of Mark Lightfoot, "Mark's Priorities," accessed October 14, 2014
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- Michigan Secretary of State, "Representative in State Legislature," accessed August 6, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "Representative in State Legislature," accessed December 5, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "Election Results - General Election - November 02, 2010," March 2, 2011
- Friends of Mark Lightfoot, "Endorsements," accessed October 14, 2014
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture and Rural Development | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Economic Growth | Chairman of Public Service Commission |