|Arkansas House of Representatives District 39|
|January 14, 2013-Present|
|January 12, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Master's||University of Arkansas|
Lowery earned his M.S. in Communications from the University of Arkansas.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Lowery served on the following committees:
|Arkansas Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Joint Performance Review|
|• City, County and Local Affairs|
Lowery ran in the 2012 election for Arkansas House of Representatives, District 39. Lowery defeated Joshua Clausen in the May 22 Republican primary and defeated Kelly Halstead (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Arkansas House of Representatives, District 39, General Election, 2012|
|Arkansas House of Representatives District 39 Republican Primary, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Lowery is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Lowery raised a total of $47,554 during that time period. This information was last updated on August 7, 2013.
|Mark Lowery's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Arkansas State House, District 39||$47,554|
|Grand Total Raised||$47,554|
2012Lowery won election to the Arkansas House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Lowery raised a total of $47,554.
|Arkansas House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Mark Lowery's campaign in 2012|
|Farmers Insruance Group||$2,750|
|Professional Insurance Agents of Arkansas||$2,350|
|Arkansas Republican Party||$2,306|
|House Republican Caucus||$2,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$47,554|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
- Legislators are scored on their votes on the principles the Advance Arkansas Institute seeks to promote: free markets, individual liberty and limited transparent government.
- Legislators are scored on the bills that the CFC found most important.
- Legislators are scored on the bills specifically supported by Arkansas Learns.
Lowery has two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Mark + Lowery + Arkansas + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Arkansas House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Arkansas State Legislature
- Arkansas state legislative districts
- Arkansas House of Representatives, "Mark Lowery," accessed March 26, 2014
- Arkansas Secretary of State, "Election Results 2012," accessed November 7, 2012
- Arkansas Secretary of State, "2012 Election candidates," March 8, 2012
- Arkansas Secretary of State, "Arkansas State Primary Election, May 22, 2012," accessed July 11, 2012
- followthemoney.org, "Lowery, Mark," accessed August 7, 2013
- StateScape, "Session schedules," accessed July 1, 2014
Tracy Steele (D)
|Arkansas House of Representatives District 39
| Succeeded by|
State of Arkansas
Little Rock (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Executive Director of Natural Resources Commission | Commissioner of State Lands| Director of Labor | Public Service Commission|