Mark M. Tuggle
|Mark M. Tuggle|
|Alabama House of Representatives District 81|
|November 3, 2010-Present|
|November 5, 2018|
|Years in position||5|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 6, 2018|
|Associate's||Alexander City State Junior College, 1986|
|Bachelor's||Auburn University, 1988|
|Master's||Faulkner University, 2007|
Tuggle earned his A.S. from Alexander City State Junior College in 1986, his B.S. in Forest Management from Auburn University in 1988 and his M.S. in Management from Faulkner University in 2007. He is currently employed as a forester.
2015 legislative session
At the beginning of the 2015 legislative session, Tuggle served on the following committees:
|Alabama Committee Assignments, 2015|
|• Internal Affairs|
|• State Government, Chair|
|• Ways and Means Education|
Tuggle served on these committees in the 2011-2012 legislative session:
|Alabama Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Lee County Legislation|
|• State Government|
|• Technology and Research|
|• Ways and Means Education|
Elections for the office of Alabama House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 3, 2014; a runoff election took place where necessary on July 15, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 7, 2014. Dylan Oliver was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Incumbent Mark M. Tuggle was unopposed in the Republican primary. Tuggle defeated Oliver in the general election.
|Alabama House of Representatives District 81, General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Mark M. Tuggle Incumbent||67.6%||9,119|
|Democratic||Dylan V. Oliver||32.3%||4,352|
|Alabama House of Representatives, District 81 General Election (2010)|
|Mark M. Tuggle (R)||9,268|
|Betty Carol Graham (D)||7,306|
|Alabama House of Representatives, District 81 Republican Primary (2010)|
|Mark M. Tuggle (R)||3,636|
|Shane Grimes (R)||1,487|
In 2010, Tuggle raised $225,828 in contributions.
His four largest contributors were:
|Alabama Republican Party||$83,941|
|Friends Of Mike Hubbard||$24,000|
|Alabama Farmers Federation||$22,701|
In 2010, Tuggle's endorsements included the following:
- The Alabama Tea Party Express
- The Alabama Citizens for Life.
Tuggle and his wife, Michelle, have one child.
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
Note: As of April 2015, we were unable to locate any scorecards for the state of Alabama. If you are aware of a scorecard Ballotpedia has not included please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Mark + Tuggle + Alabama + House
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Alabama House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Alabama State Legislature
- Alabama state legislative districts
- House site
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- Mark Tuggle on Facebook
- Mark Tuggle on LinkedIn
- Alabama Democrats, "Qualified candidates for public office list," accessed February 27, 2014
- Alabama Republican Party, "State Senate," accessed February 27, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official Democratic Primary Results," accessed June 20, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official Republican Primary Results," accessed June 20, 2014
- Alabama2010.com, "Alabama GOP primary results," accessed May 5, 2014 (dead link)
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official 2010 General election results," accessed July 18, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
- Newt Gingrich 2012, "Newt 2012 Announces Alabama Leadership Team," March 12, 2012 (timed out)
- The Alabama Tea Party Express, "Endorsements," November 2, 2010
- [E-mail exchange with representative on December 22, 2010]
Betty Carol Graham
|Alabama House District 81
| Succeeded by|
State of Alabama
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer| Auditor| Superintendent of Education| Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Labor| Public Service Commission|