For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Former candidate for|
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 27|
Manier's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "I am not interested in the partisan nonsense of left vs right. I am only interested in rational economic reform. I will propose common sense economic reforms that Democrats, Republicans, and independents can recognize as a fair compromise. My fellow legislators, and their lobbyist friends, may not like my common sense economic reforms but they will be forced to vote for them when their constituents demand it."
- Excerpt: "The main purpose of government is to protect individual liberty. Thankfully, Michigan has a greater respect for personal liberty than most states. The further we expand personal liberty, the further we expand our economy. People want to live in a state that respects their Constitutionally protected rights. The more tolerant our laws, the more attractive our state becomes to the rest of the country. Unjust laws do more than just harm our economy. The prison industrial complex is destroying people's lives."
- Excerpt: "When Democrats say teachers should be paid more, I agree. I think substitute teachers should be paid more, too. When Republicans say we shouldn't raise spending on education, I also agree. We are not using the education budget effectively enough. Too much of the budget is being wasted on highly paid bureaucrats and administrators."
Elections for the office of Michigan House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 5, 2014, and a general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 22, 2014. Robert Wittenberg defeated Andrew Cissell, Joe McHugh, Rudy Serra and Kelli Williams in the Democratic primary. Michael Ryan defeated Mark Manier in the Republican primary. Wittenberg defeated Ryan in the general election.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 27 General Election, 2014|
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 27 Democratic Primary, 2014|
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 27 Republican Primary, 2014|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Mark + Manier + Michigan + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Michigan House of Representatives
- Michigan House of Representatives District 27
- Michigan House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Michigan State Legislature
- Official campaign website
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Profile from Vote-USA
- Mark Manier on Facebook
- Mark Manier on Twitter
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan Primary Candidate Listing," accessed May 27, 2014
- markmanier.com, "Issues," accessed July 28, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "Representative in State Legislature," accessed August 6, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "Representative in State Legislature," accessed December 5, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan General Candidate Listing," accessed September 8, 2014
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture and Rural Development | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Economic Growth | Chairman of Public Service Commission |