Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Board Member, Spotsylvania County Public Schools, Berkeley District|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 5, 2013|
|High school||Spotsylvania High School|
Marshall is a lifelong resident of both Spotsylvania County and the Berkeley District. He has a Master's license in HVAC. He has been employed by Spotsylvania Public schools for 18 years. He and his wife, Amy have two children that attend district schools.
|Spotsylvania County Public Schools, Berkeley District, 4-year term, 2013|
|Independent||J. Gilbert Seaux Incumbent||15%||627|
|Source: Spotsylvania County, Virginia, "November 2013 General Election Official Results," accessed December 12, 2013|
The Spotsylvania Education Association endorsed Marshall.
Marshall reported $4,130 in contributions but no expenditures to The Free Lance-Star.
What was at stake?
Three seats were up for election on the Spotsylvania County School Board on November 5, 2013. The Battlefield and Berkeley Districts were filled by new members, while Lee Hill District incumbent Amanda Blalock retained her seat.
About the districtSpotsylvania County, Virginia. According to the 2010 U.S. Census, Spotsylvania County is home to 122,397 residents.
In terms of graduation rate, average household income and poverty rate, Spotsylvania County overperformed in these areas by a fairly wide margin. The graduation rate was 88.2% compared to 86.6% statewide. The average household income was $78,299 compared to $63,302 in the entire state. Spotsylvania County had a poverty rate of 7.7%, while the poverty rate for Virginia was 10.7%.
Note: The United States Census Bureau considers "Hispanic or Latino" to be a place of origin, not a race. Therefore, the Census allows citizens to report both their race and that they are from a "Hispanic or Latino" place of origin simultaneously. As a result, the percentages in each column of the racial demographics table will exceed 100.0%. Each column will add up to 100.0% after removing the "Hispanic or Latino" place of origin percentages.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Mark + Marshall + Spotsylvania + County + Public + Schools"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Facebook, "Mark Marshall for School Board Berkeley District," accessed October 15, 2013
- Lindley Estes, The Free Lance-Star Publishing Co. of Fredericksburg, "Spotsylvania Education Association endorses school board, supervisor candidates," published October 22, 2013
- Jeff Branscome, The Free Lance-Star, "CAMPAIGN 2013: Here’s how contributions shake out in Spotsylvania races," published October 31, 2013
- Quick Facts Accessed September 25, 2013]
- Virginia State Board of Elections, "Election Results," accessed September 26, 2013
- United States Census Bureau, "Frequently Asked Questions," accessed April 21, 2014