Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Former candidate for|
|Governor of Michigan|
|Party||U.S. Taxpayers Party|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Central Michigan University (1987)|
|Date of birth||April 3, 1964|
|Place of birth||Bay City, Michigan|
|Profession||Licensed Private Investigator|
McFarlin is a licensed private investigator with the Central Bureau of Investigation.
- B.S., sociology and psychology - Central Michigan University (1987)
- See also: Michigan gubernatorial election, 2014
McFarlin ran for Governor of Michigan in 2014. McFarlin filed as a candidate for the U.S. Taxpayers Party. He faced incumbent Rick Snyder (R), Mark Schauer (D), Mary Buzuma (L) and Paul Homeniuk (G) in the general election. The general election took place November 4, 2014.
|Governor and Lieutenant Governor of Michigan, 2014|
|Republican||Rick Snyder/Brian Calley Incumbent||50.9%||1,607,399|
|Democratic||Mark Schauer/Lisa Brown||46.9%||1,479,057|
|Libertarian||Mary Buzuma/Scott Boman||1.1%||35,723|
|U.S. Taxpayers||Mark McFarlin/Richard Mendoza||0.6%||19,368|
|Green||Paul Homeniuk/Candace R. Caveny||0.5%||14,934|
|Election Results via Michigan Department of State.|
According to McFarlin's campaign website, McFarlin focused on the following issues:
- Job creation
- Crime and public safety
- Law abiding citizens right to bear arms
- Random drug screening for all elected state officials and employees
- Abolishing the Michigan Catastrophic Claims Association to lower auto insurance rates
- Reforming taxes to benefit the working class.
- Supporting Pro-life with the exception of incest, rape, and health of mother.
- Supporting the current Michigan marriage statute that states "Marriage is inherently a unique relationship between a man and a woman."
- Protecting Michigan's working class
McFarlin revealed in an interview that he does not believe President Barack Obama is a citizen of the United States and did not vote for him, instead choosing to vote for Republican opponent Mitt Romney. As a private investigator, McFarlin believes the document issued by the White House to prove President Obama's citizenship was suspect. McFarlin claims the term “African-American” appears on the line for race on the birth certificate and that at the time of President Obama's birth, the term being used was “Negro.”
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Mark + McFarlin + Michigan + Governor"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Mark McFarlin for Governor 2014 Official campaign website
- U.S. Taxpayers Party of Michigan announces 2014 candidates
- M Live, "Tim Skubick: Obscure Democratic candidate for Michigan governor thinks Obama's birth certificate is suspect," November 29, 2013
- Mark McFarlin, "Mark McFarlin for Governor," accessed December 6, 2013
- Michigan Department of State, "2014 Unofficial Michigan Primary Candidate Listing," April 25, 2014
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture and Rural Development | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Economic Growth | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
Michigan Supreme Court | Supreme Court Elections | Court of Appeals | First Circuit Court of Appeals | Second Circuit Court of Appeals | Third Circuit Court of Appeals | Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals | List of Michigan Circuit Courts | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |