|Washington State Senate, District 5|
|January 14, 2013 - present|
|January 9, 2017|
|Years in position||1|
|Assistant Minority Caucus Leader, Washington State Senate|
|Assistant Minority Whip, Washington State Senate|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Mullet served on the following committees:
|Washington Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Early Learning & K-12 Education|
|• Energy, Environment & Telecommunications|
|• Financial Institutions & Insurance, Vice-chair|
Mullet's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "We need to realize we are competing with regions and states around the country and ensure we are creating an attractive climate for businesses looking to relocate."
Championing Our Public Schools
- Excerpt: "Simply put, our public schools need to do a better job preparing kids for the future than they did when I was a kid or my parents were kids."
Ensuring Affordable Healthcare
- Excerpt: "I am committed to working toward more transparent pricing for health care in our state and in our country. It is amazing that we never know what our health care costs are and how much we (or more likely) our insurance companies are paying."
Ensuring Clean Air and Water
- Excerpt: "We need to have clear environmental standards for our businesses that ensure clean air and water for generations to come."
- See also: Washington State Senate elections, 2012
Mullet won election in the 2012 election for Washington State Senate, District 5. Mullet was unopposed in the August 7 blanket primary election and defeated Brad Toft (R) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Washington State Senate, District 5, General Election, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Mullet is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Mullet raised a total of $352,509 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 19, 2013.
|Mark Mullet's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Washington State Senate, District 5||$352,509|
|Grand Total Raised||$352,509|
2012Mullet won election to the Washington State Senate in 2012. During that election cycle, Mullet raised a total of $352,509.
|Washington State Senate 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Mark Mullet's campaign in 2012|
|Senate Democratic Campaign Cmte Of Washington||$76,546|
|Mullet, Mark D||$57,996|
|Washington State Democratic Party||$32,555|
|5th District Democrats||$23,300|
|Washington Federation Of State Employees||$1,800|
|Total Raised in 2012||$352,509|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Missed Votes Report
In March 2014, Washington Votes, the state’s premier legislative information website, released its annual Missed Votes Report, which provides detailed missed roll call votes on bills for every state legislator during the 2014 legislative session. The 2014 regular session included a total of 515 votes in the State House and 396 in the State Senate, as well as 1,372 bills introduced total in the legislature and 237 bills passed. Out of all roll call votes, 90 individual legislators did not miss any votes. 3 individual legislators missed more than 50 votes. Mullet missed 19 votes in a total of 1072 roll calls.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Mark + Mullet + Washington + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Washington State Legislature
- Washington State Senate
- Washington State Senate Committees
- Washington Joint Committees
- Washington State Senate District 5
- Sen. Mullet's website
- Senate Democrats website
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- C-SPAN, "AP Election Results - Washington State Senate," accessed August 7, 2012
- Washington Secretary of State, "2012 Primary Candidates," accessed April 10, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Mullet, Mark," accessed September 19, 2013
- Washington Policy Center, "2014 Missed Votes Report for Legislators Released," March 18, 2014
|Washington State Senate District 5
| Succeeded by|