Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Iowa House of Representatives District 93|
|Place of birth||Davenport, Iowa|
Nelson has worked as a real estate appraiser for 30 years.
Nelson's website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt:"I will work to lower commercial property taxes, through reform, not a transfer of the tax burden to homeowners or the income tax. I will work to reform the corporate taxing system and lower the rates to competitive levels. I will rollback stifling regulations, while retaining meaningful consumer and environmental protection."
- Excerpt:"I will work to simplify the property tax system, so homeowners have certainty and stability in their tax bills. I will also work with, not against, our local governments, giving them the tools to control costs."
- Excerpt:"I support the use of annual evaluations, and I support making those evaluations available to parents and taxpayers. Administrative costs at public schools are way higher than at private schools, and they don’t improve education. I pledge to work to lower administrative costs and put more money in the classroom."
- Excerpt:"I will work for pension reform to control the state’s future liability. I pledge to fund our pension obligations, not simply push the ball down the road."
Nelson ran in the 2012 election for Iowa House of Representatives District 93. Nelson ran unopposed in the Republican primary on June 5, 2012 and was defeated by incumbent Phyllis Thede (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Iowa House of Representatives, District 93, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Phyllis Thede Incumbent||56.6%||9,679|
Nelson and wife Ann have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Mark + Nelson + Iowa + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Mark Nelson on Twitter
State of Iowa
Des Moines (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Director of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chair of Utilities |
Iowa Supreme Court | Judicial Nominating and Qualifications Commission | Circuit Court of Appeals | District Courts | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |