Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Old Bridge Township Board of Education, At-large|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 5, 2013|
|Old Bridge Township Board of Education|
Palehonki is the owner of M.T.V. Driving School in Old Bridge Township.
|Old Bridge Township Board of Education, At-large General election, 3-year term, 2013|
|Nonpartisan||Nancy M. Mongon||18.1%||3,593|
|Nonpartisan||Andrew Gonzalez Incumbent||10.9%||2,179|
|Source: Middlesex County, "Election Results," November 12, 2013|
Palehonki reported no contributions or expenditures to the New Jersey Election Law Enforcement Commission.
Palehonki ran unsuccessfully for a full term on the board on November 6, 2012.
|Old Bridge Township Board of Education, At-large General election, 3-year term, 2012, 2012|
|Nonpartisan||Kevin G. Borsilli||15.6%||3,932|
What was at stake?
Andrew Gonzalez was the only incumbent to appear on the ballot even though he resigned from the board on August 21, 2013. His name remained on the ballot because the withdrawal took place after the creation of a final candidates list. Fellow members Eugene Donofrio and Fred Colabella did not seek re-election in 2013.
About the district
Old Bridge Township lagged behind state rates of higher education achievement but outperformed the state averages for median income and poverty in 2010. The township had a poverty rate of 2.9% in the 2010 U.S. Census while the state rate was 9.4%. The 2010 U.S. Census calculated Old Bridge Township's median income at $95,188 while the state median income was $71,180. The percentage of city residents over 25 years old with undergraduate degrees (33.5%) is below the state average (35%).
|Racial Demographics, 2010|
|Race||Old Bridge Township (%)||New Jersey (%)|
|Black or African American||4.4||13.7|
|American Indian and Alaska Native||0.2||0.3|
|Two or More Races||2.2||2.7|
|Hispanic or Latino||11||17.7|
Note: The United States Census Bureau considers "Hispanic or Latino" to be a place of origin, not a race. Therefore, the Census allows citizens to report both their race and that they are from a "Hispanic or Latino" place of origin simultaneously. As a result, the percentages in each column of the racial demographics table will exceed 100.0%. Each column will add up to 100.0% after removing the "Hispanic or Latino" place of origin percentages.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Mark + Palehonki + Old + Bridge + Schools"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- New Jersey
- Old Bridge Township Public Schools, New Jersey
- Old Bridge Township Public Schools elections (2013)
- Greater Media Newspapers, " O.B. board selects member from field of six candidates," March 1, 2012
- LinkedIn, "Mark Palehonki," accessed November 20, 2013
- New Jersey Election Law Enforcement Commission, "Standard Search," accessed December 27, 2013
- NJ.com, "Old Bridge School Board President Andrew Gonzalez resigns to join Teach For America," August 21, 2013
- Greater Media Newspapers, "Seven will vie for three seats on Old Bridge school board," July 11, 2013
- 2010 U.S. Census, "Quick Facts: Old Bridge Township," accessed November 20, 2013
- United States Census Bureau, "Frequently Asked Questions," accessed April 21, 2014