Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Virginia Senate District 22|
|Bachelor's||Virginia Tech, 1985|
|J.D.||Washington & Lee, 1988|
|Place of birth||Roanoke, Virginia|
Peake graduated from Virginia Tech in 1985. He went on to receive a law degree from Washington & Lee in 1988.
Peake is a small businessman and has been an attorney for 23 years.
- See also: Virginia State Senate elections, 2011
|Virginia State Senate Republican Primary, 2011|
Peake discusses the following issues on his campaign website:
- Creating Jobs
- Excerpt: "As your Senator, Mark will pass legislation that makes Virginia an attractive place to do business."
- Cutting Wasteful Spending
- Excerpt: "Mark believes that Virginia has a spending problem, not a revenue problem, and will work to cut back wasteful government expenditures and help balance the budget by limiting the scope of government."
- Keeping Taxes Low
- Excerpt: "In these difficult economic times, businesses can only prosper when taxes are low."
- Excerpt: "Virginia needs well-trained teachers and high academic to make our children competitive in a global workforce. "
- Protecting the Sanctity of Marriage and the Unborn
- Excerpt: "Mark is committed to our conservative principles that value the true definition of marriage as between one man and one woman."
- Defending Our 2nd Amendment Rights
- Excerpt: "The people of Virginia have the right to defend themselves. Mark opposes putting limits on our ability to legally purchase and possess firearms. "
Peake and his wife Lila have five children.