Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|U.S. House, California, District 30|
|Birthday||August 11, 1957|
|Place of birth||Los Angeles, CA|
was a 2012 Republican
candidate seeking election to the U.S. House
representing the 30th Congressional District
The primary battle between Howard Berman and Brad Sherman made Politico's list of the 5 ugliest member vs. member battles.
Reed's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Excerpt: "I’m a free enterprise advocate. I will push for legislation that will lower taxes and stimulate and encourage economic growth. I firmly believe that raising taxes stifles growth, weakens the economy, and will put more people out of work."
- Excerpt: "I believe we urgently need health care reform and everyone should have access to quality healthcare. However, I’m opposed to the recent health care bill that was recently signed into law. I agree with many of the anticipated results of the legislation. But can we afford them as currently written?"
- Second Amendment and Gun Ownership
- Excerpt: "A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed. What could be clearer? The 2nd Amendment needs to be fully restored to reflect the original intent of our Founding Fathers. It is the individual right to bear arms."
- Excerpt: "Our strength as a nation has been built on the immigrant experience in America. I welcome legal immigration to this country. However, we are a nation of laws. As such, government should not adopt policies that encourage illegal immigration, a violation of our laws. "
- Excerpt: "I support common-sense environment policy that will help reduce pollution and preserve our precious open spaces. If we do not act now, future generations will have to clean up the mess we are creating. In order to reduce our dependence on foreign oil, we need to abolish the Department of Energy, and drill in this country where we can."
- See also: California's 30th congressional district elections, 2012
Reed ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House, representing California's 30th District. He was defeated in the June 5, 2012, open primary.