|Montana State Senate, District 7|
|High school||Seeley Swan High School (1969)|
|Bachelor's||Montana State University-Northern (1973)|
Sheets is retired from teaching, and is a member of the Thompson Falls City Council. He earned an degree in education from Montana State University-Northern in 1973.
From Sheets's Facebook page:
I believe that moderation and an atmosphere of cooperation and compromise in the Senate will lead to better legislation for all Montanans. One can be fiscally conservative, yet advocate for adequate funding for important State services. State retirement systems need some minor changes to keep them actuarially sound for many years to come; infusion of funds from the State surplus could help achieve this goal. State programs that will also receive my attention are aging services, education, public health, the Children’s Health Insurance Program, and the DEQ.
- See also: Montana State Senate elections, 2012
Sheets ran in the 2012 election for Montana State Senate, District 7. Sheets ran unopposed in the June 5 primary election and was defeated by Jennifer Fielder in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Montana State Senate, District 7, General Election, 2012|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Mark + Sheets + Montana + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Keystone XL Pipeline Clears Major Hurdle After State Department Report Raises ... - Huffington Post
- FP's Situation Report: The rift between Kabul and Washington is making life ... - Foreign Policy (blog)
- Campaign Facebook page
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012