|Nevada State Assembly District 21|
|February 7, 2011 - November 7, 2012|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Term limits||6 terms (12 years)|
|(dead link) Office website|
Sherwood is the publisher of ParentsGuide of Las Vegas. He is a past member of the Las Vegas Rotary Club and is a Paul Harris Fellow. He also coaches Youth Basketball for Henderson Parks & Rec. He lives in Henderson, NV with his wife and two sons and two daughters.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Sherwood served on these committees:
- See also: Nevada State Assembly elections, 2010
On November 2, 2010, Sherwood won election to the Nevada House of Representatives, defeating incumbent Ellen Spiegel. Sherwood garnered just over 50% of the vote. Spiegel got 47.6% of the vote and Les McKay took 2.4%. Sherwood won the 2010 Republican primary election by 24 points (64% to 38%).
|Nevada House of Representatives, District 21 General election (2010)|
|Mark Sherwood (R)||8,430|
|Ellen Spiegel (D)||8,023|
|Les McKay (I)||401|
In 2010, a year in which Sherwood was up for re-election, he collected $95,949 in donations.
Listed below are the four largest contributors to Sherwood's 2010 campaign.
|Republican Assembly Leadership Caucus||$10,000|
|Rural Republican PAC||$10,000|
|Assembly Republican Caucus||$9,955|
Nevada Policy Research Institute
The Nevada Policy Research Institute, a Nevada-based conservative-libertarian think tank, releases a "Legislative Report Card" evaluating members of the Nevada State Legislature on "each lawmaker's voting record on legislation impacting the degree of economic freedom and education reform." Bills determined by the Institute to be of greater significance are weighted accordingly. According to the Institute, "a legislator with a score above 50 is considered to be an ally of economic liberty".
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2010
- Mark Sherwood elected assembly whip
- Big Win in General Election (dead link)
- Voting for Mark Sherwood is 'no brainer'
- The Las Vegas Review-Journal endorses Mark Sherwood
- The Las Vegas Review-Journal "Ten Races Will Decide Everything (Mark Sherwood race is #3)"
- The Las Vegas Review-Journal "Meet Mark Sherwood"
- Examiner.com "Nevadans not under-taxed" by Mark Sherwood
- Results for the June 8, 2010 primary in Nevada - Mark Sherwood wins primary election by 24 points
- Nevada Concerned Citizens Endorses Mark Sherwood
- 2010 Primary Guide, Las Vegas Review-Journal (dead link)
- Biography from Turn Nevada Red
Ellen Spiegel (D)
|Nevada State Assembly District 21
| Succeeded by|
Andy Eisen (D)