|Kansas Corporation Commission|
|May 5, 2011 – Present|
|Resigning early 2014|
|Elections and appointments|
|Appointed||May 5, 2011|
|Appointed by||Gov. Sam Brownback (R)|
|Bachelor's||University of Colorado|
|Master's||University of California, Davis|
|J.D.||University of California, Davis|
Sievers, an economist and lawyer, is the former chairman of the Teller County Republicans. He has previously worked for Verizon Global Solutions, GTE, Sprint and Southwestern Bell, and had a private law practice in Washington D.C..
- BA, Economics, University of Colorado
- MA and ABD, Economics, University of California, Davis
- JD, University of California, Davis
Kansas Corporation Commission (2011-Present)
Sievers was appointed to the commission by Gov. Sam Brownback in May 2011 for a term ending in March 2015. On December 9, 2013, on the heels of a well-publicized year of challenges leading the agency, Sievers announced his resignation, citing the desire to spend more time with his wife and family. He will step down when a successor is appointed, likely in early 2014, to serve out the remainder of his term.
Sievers' wife, Jill, is a lawyer and Executive Director of Habitat for Humanity in Teller County, Colorado.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Mark + Sievers + Kansas "
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Mark Sievers, Kansas Corporation Commission chairman, resigns - Kansas.com
- KCC Chairman Resigns - KMUW
- KCC Chairman announces departure - hays Post
- KCC should regulate itself - Winfield Daily Courier Online
- Kansas views on KCC spin, cost studies, KDOT mess, voter law, cellphones on ... - Kansas.com
- KCC rejects Westar plan to disconnect some customers without last-chance visit - Kansas.com
- KCC chairman's controversial statement stands - Topeka Capital Journal
- Recent Kansas editorials - KOAM-TV
- Eagle editorial: KCC should regulate itself - Kansas.com
- Proposal: End cost studies for some rate increases - The Garden City Telegram
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Kansas Corporation Commission, "Mark Sievers," accessed August 16, 2012
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 The Witchita Eagle via Kansas.com, "Mark Sievers, Kansas Corporation Commission Chairman, resigns," December 10, 2013
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 The Topedka Capital-Journal, "Sievers steps down as KCC chairman," December 9, 2013
- ↑ Teller County News, "Sievers appointed to Kansas Corporate Commission," May 25, 2011
- ↑ Kansas Corporation Commission, "Governor's Office Swears in New KCC Commissioner Sievers," May 17, 2011
|Kansas Corporation Commission
| Succeeded by|
State of Kansas
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Wildlife and Parks | Secretary of Labor | Corporation Commission |