For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 45|
|January 5, 2015 - present|
|January 1, 2017|
|Years in position||0|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 4, 2014|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
Spreitzer's professional experience includes serving as president of the Beloit City Council, working as an assistant director of Alumni & Parent Relations and Annual Support at Beloit College, and working for former U.S. Sen. Russ Feingold.
2015 legislative session
At the beginning of the 2015 legislative session, Spreitzer served on the following committees:
|Wisconsin Committee Assignments, 2015|
|• Jobs and the Economy|
|• Workforce Development|
|• Natural Resources and Sporting Heritage|
|• Mining and Rural Development|
|• Public Benefit Reform|
- See also: Wisconsin State Assembly elections, 2014
Elections for all 99 seats in the Wisconsin State Assembly took place in 2014. A primary election took place on August 12, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 2, 2014. Mark Spreitzer defeated Sheila De Forest in the Democratic primary. Russell Rucker (R) was removed from the ballot before the primary. Spreitzer was unopposed in the general election, and was elected to the seat.
|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 45 Democratic Primary, 2014|
|Sheila De Forest||45.9%||1,691|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Mark + Spreitzer + Wisconsin + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Wisconsin State Legislature
- Wisconsin State Assembly
- Wisconsin State Assembly Committees
- Wisconsin Joint Committees
- Wisconsin state legislative districts
- Profile from the Wisconsin State Legislature
- Official campaign website
- Mark Spreitzer on Facebook
- Mark Spreitzer on Twitter
- Profile from Open States
- Wisconsin State Legislature
- Mark for Assembly, "Biography," accessed July 29, 2014
- Milwaukee Wisconsin Journal Sentinel, "Wisconsin 2014 fall primary election results," accessed August 12, 2014
- Wisconsin Government Accountability, "Candidates Registered by Office," June 11, 2014
- Wisconsin Government Accountability Board, "2014 Partisan Primary Candidates," accessed June 19, 2014
- Wisconsin Government Accountability Board, "Canvass Results for 2014 General Election," December 1, 2014
Janis Ringhand (D)
|Wisconsin State Assembly District 45
| Succeeded by|
State of Wisconsin
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection| Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Workforce Development | Public Service Commission |