|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 36A|
|January 8, 2013 - present|
|January 6, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Uglem served on the following committees:
|Minnesota Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Environment and Natural Resources Policy|
|• Jobs and Economic Development Finance and Policy|
|• Labor, Workplace and Regulated Industries|
|• Public Safety Finance and Policy|
Uglem's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "Mark will use his 30+ years of business experience to promote business development and grow jobs for all Minnesotans. The current economy is not good, and needs to get better."
- Excerpt: "Mark will support education reforms to help ensure our children will be able to find jobs and compete in the 21st century economy."
- Excerpt: "Mark will use his experience to ensure our State government will become leaner, smaller and more efficient."
- Excerpt: "Mark has a proven record of keeping taxes low in the city of Champlin. We pay enough taxes already."
Working With People
- Excerpt: "Mark will work in an effective bi-partisan manner to create real solutions for real Minnesota families and get our work done at the State Legislature."
Elections for the office of Minnesota House of Representatives will consist of a primary election on August 12, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 3, 2014.
Uglem won election in the 2012 election for Minnesota House of Representatives District 36A. He was unopposed in the Republican primary on August 14 and defeated Grace Baltich (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 36A, General Election, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Uglem is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Uglem raised a total of $19,554 during that time period. This information was last updated on July 16, 2013.
|Mark Uglem's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Minnesota State House, District 36A||$19,554|
|Grand Total Raised||$19,554|
2012Uglem won election to the Minnesota House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Uglem raised a total of $19,554.
|Minnesota House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Mark Uglem's campaign in 2012|
|36th Senate District RPM New||$2,100|
|Total Raised in 2012||$19,554|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Taxpayers League of Minnesota
The Taxpayers League of Minnesota, a Minnesota-based taxpayer advocacy organization, releases a legislative scorecard for the Minnesota House of Representatives and Minnesota State Senate once a year. The scorecard gives each legislator a score based on how they voted in the prior legislative term on tax issues and “their efforts to balance the state budget without a tax increase.” The organization also compiles a legislator’s individual "Lifetime Score."
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Mark + Uglem + Minnesota + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Office website
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Mark Uglem for State Representative, "The Issues." Retrieved July 8, 2013
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "2012 State General Election Candidate Filings," accessed June 18, 2012
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "Minnesota State Canvassing Report - State Primary - Tuesday, August 14, 2012," accessed April 23, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Uglem, Mark." Retrieved July 16, 2013
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecards," accessed May 15, 2014
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecard, 2013," accessed May 15, 2014
Mary Liz Holberg (R)
|Minnesota State House District 36A
| Succeeded by|
State of Minnesota
St. Paul (capital)
Minnesota State Constitution | House of Representatives | Senate | County Attorney | House Research Department | Legislative Reference Library | Senate Counsel Research and Fiscal Analysis | Legislative Auditor |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Commissioner of Management and Budget | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chair of Public Utilities |