|Former candidate for|
|U.S. Senate, Rhode Island|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
Zaccaria, who ran unsuccessfully for Rhode Island's 2nd Congressional District twice, said he knew that it would be difficult to unseat the well-funded, popular Sen. Jack Reed. He added, “I don’t think my campaign is going to be remarkably different. I’m not a different person. I think the message is going to hit more fertile ground this time than it did in the past.”
Zaccaria ran in the 2014 election for the U.S. Senate, to represent Rhode Island. Mark Zaccaria lost the general election on November 4, 2014. He ran unopposed in the Republican primary on September 9, 2014.
|U.S. Senate, Rhode Island General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||Jack Reed Incumbent||70.6%||223,675|
|Source: Rhode Island Board of Elections|
Zaccaria was endorsed by the Republican Party of Rhode Island on June 26, 2014, at the Republican Endorsement Convention.
|Poll||Jack Reed||Mark Zaccaria||Undecided||Margin of Error||Sample Size|
September 20 - October 1, 2014
|Note: The polls above may not reflect all polls that have been conducted. Those displayed are a random sampling chosen by Ballotpedia staff. If you would like to nominate another poll for inclusion in the table, send an email to email@example.com|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Mark + Zaccaria + Rhode + Island + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Rhode Island Secretary of State, "Candidates for Senator in Congress," accessed June 25, 2014
- Politifact, "Mark S. Zaccaria's file," accessed July 8, 2014
- Providence Journal, "Former R.I. GOP chair Mark Zaccaria launches U.S. Senate campaign," July 7, 2014
- WPRI.com, "RI Republicans endorse Fung for gov over Block," accessed June 27, 2014