For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, will be limited. Select races will be covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Former candidate for|
|Maryland House of Delegates, District 45|
Dent earned his B.S. and M.S. in Information Systems from Webster University. He served in the United States Air Force, ending his service at the rank of Captain.
Dent's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Growing a stronger economy
- Excerpt: "Marques will fight to pass laws to provide more incentives in place for small, minority owned businesses, and non-profit organizations for hiring local residents. In-source is the key to a boost in the economy."
- Community resources, quality education and safer learning environments
- Excerpt: "Marques will continue to press lawmakers to ensure that high-quality affordable Child Care subsidy payments are adequate and available for working families as well as less fortunate families; fight for more funding to be available to properly staff after-school programs, provide a light snack for the children, and quality learning facilities, programs, and community centers."
- Safer streets
- Excerpt: "Marques will continue to be an advocate for safer communities. He will urge lawmakers to listen to the concerns of safety by the residents, and work with law enforcement to bridge the gap in communication, and build strong relationships with the community leaders, so that the residents can once again feel safe within their communities, and criminals are brought to justice."
Elections for the office of Maryland House of Delegates took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 24, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 25, 2014. Cory V. McCray and incumbents Talmadge Branch and Cheryl D. Glenn defeated Marques Dent, Kevin W. Parson, Harry Spikes, Robert Stokes, Sr. and Aaron Keith Wilkes in the Democratic primary, while Rick Saffery and Larry O. Wardlow, Jr. were unopposed in the Republican primary. McCray, Branch and Glenn defeated Saffery, Wardlow and Ronald M. Owens-Bey (L) for three seats in the general election.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Marques + Dent + Maryland + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- dentfordelegate.com, "About Marques," accessed March 31, 2014
- dentfordelegate.com, "Issues," accessed March 31, 2014
- Maryland Secretary of State, "Official primary election candidate list," accessed March 3, 2014
- Maryland State Board of Elections, "Official 2014 Gubernatorial Primary Election results for House of Delegates," accessed December 5, 2014
State of Maryland
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Treasurer | Superintendent of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor, Licensing and Regulation | Chairman of Public Service Commission |