|Wisconsin State Senate, District 9|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
Laning's campaign website highlights the following issues:
- Excerpt: "Martha knows that to move Wisconsin forward, we need to fund our public schools, oppose the expansion of unaccountable voucher schools, develop our technical and job training programs, and continue working toward implementing the Common Core standards that had bi-partisan support when work started on them over three years ago."
- Excerpt: "As our next State Senator, Martha is determined to get our financial house in order while still investing in our communities. To do this, Martha believes that corporations and the wealthy must do their fair share, instead of passing on the burden to small businesses and middle class families. She will balance the budget while making sure we fund critical investments in education, economic growth, and other vital services that our communities rely on."
- Excerpt: "Martha believes the State Government should not be making these decisions without the dialog and guidance of local workers and residents. Local governments must have a strong voice in the process to maintain the quality services paid for with our tax dollars."
- Excerpt: "Martha will work to give hard-working Wisconsinites the raise they deserve, bringing together both sides of the aisle to raise the minimum wage while supporting the future of small businesses. She will also invest in critical technical education and job training programs that will give our businesses the workforce they need to be successful and will give students and workers the skills they need to compete in our 21st Century economy. Martha will hold our government job creation agenciesaccountable [sic], ensuring that money allocated for economic development is actually being used to create jobs here at home."
- See also: Wisconsin State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for 17 seats in the Wisconsin State Senate will take place in 2014. A primary election took place on August 12, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 2, 2014. Martha Laning was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Devin Lemahieu was unopposed in the Republican primary. Laning and Lamahieu will face off in the general election. Barry Nelson (R) was removed from the candidate list before the primary.
|Wisconsin State Senate, District 9, General Election, 2014|
|Source: This table will be updated as results become available.|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Martha + Laning + Wisconsin + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Wisconsin State Legislature
- Wisconsin state legislative districts
- Wisconsin House of Representatives
- Wisconsin House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Official campaign website
- Martha Laning on Facebook
- Martha Laning on Twitter
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Wisconsin State Legislature