|U.S. House, Arizona, District 2|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next primary||August 26, 2014|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||United States Air Force Academy|
|Service/branch||United States Air Force|
McSally's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Constructive Role of Federal Government
- Excerpt: "Year after year, the federal government has increased its reach into people’s lives, constraining our civil liberties and wasting the hard earned money of Americans. The Constitution is clear. Those powers not specifically given to the federal government belong to the states and the people."
- Real Jobs & Economic Opportunities
- Excerpt: "We have to reduce federal regulations, cut taxes, and stop Washington from choosing economic winners and losers based on who has the best lobbyists. We need to make the United States the most attractive place in the world to do business."
- Forward Thinking National Security
- Excerpt: "We face powerful and determined threats across the globe. I have spent my life defending America from these threats, and I’m not about to stop now. We have to be discerning of their intent and capabilities; we must be decisive about the course we take."
- Reduce Government Spending & Debt
- Excerpt: "A rising mountain of debt is hanging over each and every one of us. If we don’t rein in spending now and reduce our deficit, we risk the retirements of so many senior citizens who have worked and saved their entire lives, and the future of every generation to come. We have to get more bang for our tax buck. The wasteful, spending programs of recent years cannot continue."
- Excerpt: "I believe in the sanctity of every human life."
The National Republican Congressional Committee added McSally to their "On the Radar" list in November 2013. According to the NRCC, candidates that make this list receive "...the tools they need to run successful, winning campaigns against their Democratic opponents."
McSally ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House to represent Arizona's 2nd District. She defeated Mark Koskiniemi in the Republican primary on August 28, 2012. She lost to incumbent Ron Barber (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012 in a race that was too close to call for one week after the election took place.
|U.S. House, Arizona District 2 General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Ron Barber Incumbent||50.4%||147,338|
|Source: Arizona Secretary of State "Official Election Results, 2012 General Election"|
|Martha McSally (2014) Campaign Finance Reports|
|Report||Date Filed||Beginning Balance||Total Contributions|
for Reporting Period
|Expenditures||Cash on Hand|
|April Quarterly||April 15, 2013||$20,380.37||$8,475.90||$(6,216.72)||$22,639.55|
|July Quarterly||July 15, 2013||$22,639.55||$15,002.15||$(7,037.66)||$30,604.04|
|October Quarterly||October 15, 2013||$30,604.04||$394,880.98||$(37,287.73)||$388,197.29|
|Year-End||January 31, 2014||$388,197||$322,585||$(162,807)||$547,974|
|U.S. House, Arizona District 2, 2012 - Martha McSally Campaign Contributions|
|Total Raised by Election Winner||$2,776,639|
|Total Spent by Election Winner||$2,690,570|
|Top contributors to Martha McSally's campaign committee|
|RL Workman Homes||$15,000|
|Senate Majority Fund||$15,000|
|Value in Electing Women PAC||$12,000|
|Top 5 industries that contributed to campaign committee|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Martha + McSally + Arizona + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- GOP Firebrands Tone Down Their Message and Run Again - New York Times
- GOP targets swing seats in Arizona - Arizona Daily Sun
- Barber and Kirkpatrick Support Federal Budget Plan - Tucson Weekly
- Parties Recruit Veterans to Run - RealClearPolitics
- Parties recruit veterans for House runs - Fond du Lac Reporter
- Both parties recruit military veterans to run for House in 2014 - Tulsa World
- Republicans in CD1, CD2 races smell blood over ObamaCare - Arizona Daily Star
- Our View: We have our own issues - Sierra Vista Herald
- Barber to run for reelection in 2014 - The Hill (blog)
- United States House of Representatives
- Arizona's 2nd Congressional District elections, 2014
- Arizona's 2nd Congressional District
- Campaign website, Issues
- Roll Call, "House Republicans Put 36 Recruits ‘On the Radar’" accessed November 21, 2013
- Seattle PI "Voters in Arizona's 2nd pick Barber over McSally," November 17, 2012
- Official primary candidate list
- Associated Press primary results
- Washington Post "Voters in Arizona's 8th Congressional District pick Kelly as GOP candidate for Giffords' seat," April 18, 2012
- Federal Election Commission "Martha McSally April Quarterly," accessed July 28, 2013
- Federal Election Commission "Martha McSally July Quarterly," accessed July 28, 2013
- Federal Election Commission "Martha McSally October Quarterly," accessed October 29, 2013
- Federal Election Commission "Martha McSally Year-End," accessed February 7, 2014
- Open Secrets "Martha McSally 2012 Election Cycle," Accessed March 19, 2013