Martin County, Florida
Martin County's estimated population as of 2009 was 139,794.
Evaluation of website
- Main article: Evaluation of Florida county websites
- Budgets for the past 5 years are posted.
- Meeting minutes and agendas are available.
- County commissioners are listed with contact information.
- Building permits are available, as well as zoning information.
- Contracts are available.
- Audits are available
- Local tax information is included.
- Includes information on open records requests and a link to the State Attorney General's site on Florida Sunshine Law. Does not say who to contact or how for the county.
- Does not disclose if belongs to government sector lobbying associations.
In late 2008 reporters organized by the Florida Society of Newspaper Editors requested the most recent budget emails from central Florida county officials in order to audit the responses.
In Martin County, the sheriff's office failed the audit because the records custodian refused to give access to correspondence that had accompanied the budget, saying that the budget had since been revised, and therefore the information in the correspondence was no longer valid. State law does not exempt out of date information. Sheriff Robert Crowder expressed dissatisfaction with the methods used during the audit, and insists "My people are well aware of the public records law."
- Main article: Florida government sector lobbying
|Year||Amount spent on lobbying|
- Official Martin County Website
- Martin County Clerk of Court
- Martin County Tax Collector
- Martin County on E-Reference
- Martin County Tourism information
- School Board of Martin County
- Martin County Chamber of Commerce
- Martin County Supervisor of Elections
- U.S. Census Bureau Quickfacts
- Minutes and Agendas
- Tax Collector
- Records Request
- Sheriff's offices flunk group's audit on public records (dead link), Palm Beach Post, November 21, 2008
- All three Treasure Coast sheriff's offices flunk public records review, TCPalm, November 22, 2008
- Open Secrets Clark & Weinstock
- Open Secrets
- PBC Clerk & Comptroller 5.30.07