Martin J. Moylan
|Martin J. Moylan|
|Illinois House of Representatives District 55|
|2013 - Present|
|January 14, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Mayor, City of Des Plaines|
|High school||Saint Philips High School|
Moylan served as Mayor of Des Plaines from 2009 to December 2012.
Moylan's professional experience includes working as an electrical inspector/deputy director of the Des Plaines Building Department.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Moylan served on the following committees:
|Illinois Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Cities & Villages|
|• Economic Development|
|• Transportation: Regulation, Roads & Bridges|
|• Transportation: Vehicles & Safety|
Moylan's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Fiscal Responsibility
- Excerpt: "Marty Moylan believes Springfield should not overspend and leaders should balance budgets in the same way our hard working families do at home."
- Excerpt: "Marty Moylan believes our children must have the best education available to them in order for Illinois to be competitive in the world economy."
- Economic Development
- Excerpt: "Marty Moylan has spent a lifetime fighting for jobs and developing pro-growth environments which help businesses succeed."
- Excerpt: "Marty Moylan believes we must protect the quality of services for our seniors and our children."
- Excerpt: "Marty Moylan will fight for strong laws which protect the citizens of Illinois. As a leader, Moylan believes that protecting the public is of the highest priority and those who break the law should be punished accordingly."
- Ethics Reform
- Excerpt: "Marty Moylan believes the political games in Springfield, which favor special interests, have been the motivating factors which have placed the State in economic peril."
Elections for the office of Illinois House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place March 18, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was December 2, 2013. Incumbent Martin J. Moylan ran unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Mel Thillens ran unopposed in the Republican primary. Moylan and Thillens will face off in the general election.
Moylan won election in the 2012 election for Illinois House of Representatives District 55. Moylan was unopposed in the March 20 Democratic primary and defeated Susan Sweeney (R) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 55, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Martin J. Moylan||53.3%||21,321|
Comprehensive donor information for Moylan is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Moylan raised a total of $886,897 during that time period. This information was last updated on July 22, 2013.
|Martin J. Moylan's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Illinois State House, District 55||$886,897|
|Grand Total Raised||$886,897|
2012Moylan won election to the Illinois House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Moylan raised a total of $886,897.
|Illinois House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Martin J. Moylan's campaign in 2012|
|Illinois Democratic Party||$235,975|
|Democratic Party of Illinois||$64,325|
|Friends Of Michael J Madigan||$47,800|
|Construction & General Laborers District Council of Chicago & Vicinity||$42,250|
|Illinois Healthcare Association||$30,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$886,897|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Moylan and his wife, Lisa, have one child.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Martin + Moylan + Illinois + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Illinois House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Illinois State Legislature
- Illinois state legislative districts
- Campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Facebook page
- Twitter feed
- Profile from Open States
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- Project Vote Smart, "Rep. Moylan," accessed March 3, 2014
- Campaign website, Issues
- Illinois Secretary of State, "Official candidate list," accessed March 18, 2014
- Illinois Board of Elections, "General Primary Election Official Canvass," April 18, 2014
- Illinois Secretary of State, "Official general election candidate list," accessed March 18, 2014
- Illinois State Board of Elections, "Candidate List," accessed December 5, 2011
- Illinois State Board of Elections, "Official 2012 Primary Results," accessed May 14, 2014
- Illinois State Board of Elections, “Official Vote - November 6, 2012 General Election,” accessed January 18, 2013
- followthemoney.org, "Moylan, Marin J," accessed July 22, 2013
Harry R. Ramey, Jr. (R)
|Illinois House of Representatives District 55
| Succeeded by|
State of Illinois
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Auditor General | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor | Chairman of Commerce Commission |