For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Michigan State Senate, District 13|
|January 1, 2015 - present|
|December 31, 2016|
|Years in position||0|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Term limits||3 terms|
2015 legislative session
At the beginning of the 2015 legislative session, Knollenberg served on the following committees:
|Michigan Committee Assignments, 2015|
|• Education, Vice Chair|
|• Regulatory Reform|
Knollenberg's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "Seniors on a fixed income need to be protected. Now that the state's budget has stabilized, we need to look at rolling back the tax on pensions."
Improving our Roads
- Excerpt: "Our roads are atrocious! Well-kept roads promote economic growth. Our lawmakers haven't made road funding a priority, but I will!"
Keeping Taxes Low
- Excerpt: "Government needs to live within their means just like you do. As a conservative I don't like increasing taxes and I won't support any tax hike."
Reducing Government Waste
- Excerpt: "Wasteful spending is the kiss of death for any business or household budget and government is no different. Spending needs to be evaluated and measured regularly."
- Excerpt: "Jobs, more specifically, good paying jobs are critical for economic prosperity. Government needs to get out of the way and regulations which hinder job growth need to be reformed."
- See also: Michigan State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Michigan State Senate took place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 5, 2014, and a general election took place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 22, 2014. Cyndi Peltonen defeated Ryan Fishman in the Democratic primary. Five candidates faced off in the Republican primary; Marty Knollenberg won, with Rocky Raczkowski finishing second. Knollenberg defeated Peltonen in the general election.
|Michigan State Senate, District 13 General Election, 2014|
|Michigan State Senate, District 13 Democratic Primary, 2014|
|Michigan State Senate, District 13 Republican Primary, 2014|
In 2014, Knollenberg's endorsements included the following:
- Right to Life of Michigan
- Henry Allemon
- Minesh Baxi
- Robin Beltramini
- Christina Broomfield
- Tom Kaszubski
- Dave Lambert
- Nancy Negohosian
- Terry Knight
- Jim Halushka
- Dave Easterbrook
- Nancy Philippart
- Todd Miletti
- Mary Beth Halushka
- Kessie Kaltsounis
- Andrea Allemon
- Bob Preston
- Cheryl Whitton-Kaszubski
- Jim Cyrulewski
- Steve Toth
- David Eisenbacher
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Marty + Knollenberg + Michigan + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Michigan State Senate
- Michigan State Senate District 13
- Michigan State Senate elections, 2014
- Michigan State Legislature
- Office website
- Official campaign website
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Marty Knollenberg on Facebook
- Marty Knollenberg on Twitter
- martyknollenberg.com, "Issues," accessed June 18, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "State Senator," accessed August 6, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "State Senator," accessed December 5, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan Primary Candidate Listing," accessed May 27, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan General Candidate Listing," accessed September 8, 2014
- martyknollenberg.com, "Endorsements," accessed June 18, 2014
- Right to Life of Michigan, "Elections," accessed June 18, 2014
John Pappageorge (R)
|Michigan State Senate District 13
2015 - present
| Succeeded by|