|Former candidate for |
Mississippi Public Service Commission, Northern District
Cox is a founding member of the Tea Party of Mississippi.
Cox lost to Boyce Adams in the Republican primary on August 2.
|Public Service -- Republican primary results|
|Republican Party||Boyce Adams||65%|
|Republican Party||Marvin Cox||35%|
On his campaign website Cox lists four goals if elected:
- "Promote a strong healthy environment for business."
- "Find ways to cut costs and save tax-payers money."
- "Encourage utilities to use more Mississippi resources and create jobs."
- "Provide better access to Commissioners and staff."
- Official Campaign website
- Facebook campaign page
- Marvin Cox on Twitter
- Biography from Project Vote Smart