|Arkansas House of Representatives District 73|
|Profession||Small business owner|
Bentley earned her B.S. in Nursing from Harding University. She then worked for ten years for Arkansas Children's Hospital as a registered nurse in the Cardiovascular Intesive Care Unit. Benley is currently the owner of Bentley Plastics.
Bentley's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Excerpt: "Mary is a born again Christian who believes in the sanctity of human life just as the majority of Arkansans do."
- Pro-2nd Amendment
- Excerpt: "Mary is a defender of the 2nd amendment and every American’s right to bear arms."
- Jobs and Taxes
- Excerpt: "Mary knows that Arkansas has the 6th highest income tax in the nation along with nearly stagnant job growth since 2004. She believes that if Arkansas wants to attract jobs, then it must have a business friendly environment. This is why it is imperative to reform Arkansas tax code."
Elections for the office of Arkansas House of Representatives will consist of a primary election on May 20, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 3, 2014. Incumbent John Catlett is unopposed in the Democratic primary. Mary Bentley is unopposed in the Republican primary.
Bentley ran in the 2012 election for Arkansas House of Representatives, District 73. Bentley ran unopposed in the May 22 Republican primary and was defeated by John Catlett (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Arkansas House of Representatives, District 73, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||John Wayne Catlett Incumbent||52.2%||4,088|
Bentley and her husband, Ted, live in Williams Junction and have three grown children.
- Campaign website, Issues
- Arkansas Secretary of State, "Candidate Information," accessed March 5, 2014
- Arkansas Secretary of State "Election Results 2012" Accessed November 7, 2012
- Arkansas Secretary of State, "2012 Election candidates," March 8, 2012
- Arkansas Secretary of State, "Official 2012 Primary Results," accessed December 20, 2013
State of Arkansas
Little Rock (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Executive Director of Natural Resources Commission | Commissioner of State Lands| Director of Labor | Public Service Commission|