Mary Jo Kilroy
|Mary Jo Kilroy|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|U.S. House, Ohio, District 3|
|Bachelor's||Cleveland State University|
|J.D.||Ohio State University|
|Profession||Former U.S. House Rep.|
|(timed out) Campaign website|
|Candidate for:||Tenth District Court of Appeals|
|Position:||Unexpired term ending 2/9/2019|
|Election information 2014:|
Mary Jo Kilroy was a Democratic member of the U.S. House representing the 15th District of Ohio. Two years after losing her seat, Kilroy was a 2012 Democratic candidate to the U.S. House to represent the 3rd Congressional District of Ohio. She lost in the primary.
Kilroy received her undergraduate degree from Cleveland State University in 1977 and her J.D. from the Ohio State University in 1980. From January 2009 to January 2011, Kilroy served on the United States House of Representatives, representing Ohio's 15th Congressional district. She has also previously served as a commissioner for Franklin County and worked as an attorney in private practice with her firm of Handelman & Kilroy.
Frequency of Voting with Democratic Leadership
According to a July 2010 analysis of 1,357 votes cast from January 1, 2009 to June 16, 2010, Kilroy voted with the House Democratic leadership 97.5% of the time. That same analysis reported that she also voted with party leadership 97.5% of the time in 2010.
- See also: Ohio judicial elections, 2014
| Kilroy ran for election to the 10th District Court of Appeals.
|U.S. House, Ohio's 3rd Congressional District Democratic Primary, 2012|
|Mary Jo Kilroy||34.7%||14,369|
Washington Post Analysis
A separate analysis from The Washington Post, concluded that she voted 98.2 percent of the time with a majority of Democrats in the House of Representatives.
- Kilroy For Judge, "Meet Mary Jo"
- Tenth District Court of Appeals For the State of Ohio, Official Website
- 10tv.com, "Kilroy To Run For 3rd Congressional District," accessed January 28, 2012
- Franklin County Board of Elections, "Certified Candidate List May 6, 2014 Election," accessed February 28, 2014
- Kilroy For Judge, "Meet Mary Jo," accessed June 14, 2014
- A Line of Sight, "2010 House Dem Voting Report"
- Ohio Secretary of State, "Unofficial election results," accessed March 6, 2012
- U.S. Congress House Clerk, "Statistics of the Congressional Election of November 2, 2010," accessed March 28, 2013
- Washington Post, "U.S. Congress Votes Database, 111th Congress"