Mary K. Parker
|Former candidate for|
|Colorado House of Representatives, District 22|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
Parker's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "I support increased funding for K-12, smarter allocation of resources, rewarding and retaining good teachers, encouraging innovation in the classroom, school choice, and preparing our children for college and the work place. In addition, our state must do more to keep higher education costs low so that college is affordable and students are not deeply in debt after graduation."
Jobs and the Economy
- Excerpt: "I support tax incentives for companies who keep jobs in the state and for hiring Vets and people who are unemployed. Improving the economy and lowering unemployment will go a long way toward solving budget and deficit problems at all levels of government."
- Excerpt: "I support the bi-partisan efforts of the Colorado Assembly to create the Colorado Health Benefits Exchange, an online marketplace where small businesses and individuals can easily compare and purchase health insurance. I also support efforts to curb costs with patient-centered programs that move away from fee for service."
- Excerpt: "I support safe, responsible development all energy resources as well as providing incentives for utilities, businesses and homeowners to improve energy efficiencies. Additional investment incentives for development of renewable resources would lead to energy independence and more jobs for Colorado."
- Excerpt: "I support spending and tax reforms that simplify, consolidate and/or reconcile existing statutes."
Elections for the office of Colorado House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 24, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 31, 2014. Mary K. Parker was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while incumbent Justin Everett defeated Loren Bauman in the Republican primary. Everett defeated Parker and Lynn Weitzel (L) in the general election.
|Colorado House of Representatives, District 22, General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Justin Everett Incumbent||55.4%||20,396|
|Democratic||Mary K. Parker||40%||14,748|
|Colorado House of Representatives District 22 Republican Primary, 2014|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Mary + Parker + Colorado + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Colorado House of Representatives
- Colorado House of Representatives District 22
- Colorado House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Colorado State Legislature
- Official campaign website
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Mary Parker on Facebook
- maryforstaterep.com, "Issues," accessed October 2, 2014
- Colorado Secretary of State, "Official primary candidate list," accessed May 1, 2014
- Colorado Secretary of State, "Official primary election results," accessed June 25, 2014
- Colorado Secretary of State, "Official general election candidate list," accessed July 23, 2014
- Colorado Secretary of State, "Official general election results," accessed December 5, 2014