For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Mary Lou Costello Daniel
|Mary Lou Costello-Daniel|
|Virginia House of Delegates, District 33|
|High school||James Wood High School|
|Bachelor's||University of Virginia|
|J.D.||University of Richmond|
|Place of birth||Winchester, VA|
Daniel graduated from James Wood High School, earned a Bachelor of Arts from the University of Virginia, and completed a J.D. from the University of Richmond. She works as a lawyer, dealing with domestic violence and sexual assault cases for the city of Winchester before moving to business law and starting her own firm. She has also worked as an instructor for the Rappahannock Criminal Justice Academy. Daniel served on the Clarke County Planning Commission from 2003 to 2008, and on the Berryville Town Council, starting in 2007.
Daniel ran in the 2013 election for Virginia House of Delegates District 33. Costello-Daniel ran unopposed in the June 11th Democratic primary. She was defeated by Dave A. LaRock (R) in the general election on November 5, 2013.
Mary Daniel announces her bid for the House of Delegates
In 2013, Daniel’s endorsements included the following:
- The Virginia Farm Bureau Federation AgPAC
- Marty Martinez - Councilman, Leesburg Town Council
- Sally Kurtz, Former Supervisor, Loudoun County Board of Supervisors
- John Staelin, Supervisor, Clarke County Board of Supervisors
- Tony Roper, Sheriff, Clarke County
Daniel and her husband, Bill, have a daughter, Bray.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Mary + Daniel + Virginia + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Virginia State Board of Elections, "2013 Official Candidates List for House of Delegates by District," accessed July 11, 2013
- Mary Costello Daniel, "About Mary," accessed August 29, 2013
- Virginia Board of Elections, “Official Results - 2013 General Election," accessed December 2, 2013
- Mary Costello Daniel, "Endorsements," accessed August 29, 2013
State of Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chairman of State Corporation Commission |