|Alabama House of Representatives District 59|
|November 5, 2014|
|Years in position||12|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Tuskegee University, 1970|
|Master's||Alabama A&M University, 1983|
|Birthday||July 23, 1948|
|Place of birth||Birmingham, AL|
Moore served on these committees in the 2011-2012 legislative session:
- Ethics and Campaign Finance Committee, Alabama House of Representatives, Ranking Minority Member
- Subcommittee on Ethics Committee
- Jefferson County Legislation Committee, Alabama House of Representatives
- Technology and Research Committee, Alabama House of Representatives, Ranking Minority Member
- Subcommittee on Biomedical and Manufacturing Committee
Elections for the office of Alabama House of Representatives will consist of a primary election on June 3, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 7, 2013. Incumbent Mary Moore will face Chris Davis and William Barnes in the Democratic primary.
|Alabama House of Representatives, District 59 Democratic Primary (2010)|
|Mary Moore (D)||2,100|
|Carl L. Davis (D)||511|
Moore raised $61,638 for her campaign.
In 2010, Moore raised $59,935 in contributions.
Her four largest contributors were:
|Alabama Education Association||$10,000|
In 2006, Moore collected $61,638 in donations.
Below are Moore's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2006 election:
|AL Education Assoc||$10,000|
|Seth Hammett Campaign||$10,000|
|AL Trial Lawyers Assoc||$5,000|
|Milton E McGregor||$4,000|
Moore has one child.
Moore served on the Birmingham City School Board from 1998 to 2002 and is a member of the Evergreen Missionary Baptist Church.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Mary + Moore + Alabama + House
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Alabama Legislature - Mary Moore
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010, 2008, 2006, 2002
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Moore
- Alabama Democrats, "Qualified candidates for public office list," accessed February 27, 2014
- Alabama Republican Party, "State Senate," accessed February 27, 2014
- Democratic primary results and runoff candidates
- Statewide general election results (Archived), accessed December 13, 2013
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official 2006 election results," accessed April 15, 2014
- Alabama House spending, 2006
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
- Follow the Money - 2006 Campaign contributions
|Alabama House District 59
| Succeeded by|
State of Alabama
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer| Auditor| Superintendent of Education| Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Labor| Public Service Commission|