Mary Pat Angelini
|Mary Pat Angelini|
|New Jersey General Assembly District 11|
|2008 - Present|
|January 12, 2016|
|Years in position||5|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 5, 2013|
|Next election||November 3, 2015|
|Bachelor's||East Tennessee State University|
|Master's||Fairleigh Dickinson University, 1993|
|Place of birth||Brooklyn, NY|
|Profession||Executive Director, Prevention First|
Angelini earned her B.S.W. in Social Work from East Tennessee State University in 1977 and her M.P.A. in Public Administration from Fairleigh Dickinson University in 1993. Her professional experience includes working as Executive Director for Prevention First and as a program development specialist with the Monmouth City Board Alcohol and Drug Abuse. She is a member of the New Jersey Emergency Services Council and Governor's Council on Alcohol and Drug Abuse. 
- A391 Requires all elected officials and candidates and certain other public officials to file financial disclosure statement.
- A965 Prohibits candidates and elected public officials charged with crimes from using campaign contributions for their legal defense.
- A3128 "Jessica Lunsford Act;" concerns sentencing of sex offenders and persons who harbor them; requires electronic monitoring for certain sex offenders and creates child protection zones.
- A3604 Requires Attorney General to seize campaign funds of convicted candidates; prohibits convicted criminal offenders from making contributions to candidates and committees. 
National Political Awareness Test
Angelini's answers to the New Jersey State Legislative Election 2007 National Political Awareness Test are available. In the test she did not answer the question of what her top priorities were.
Angelini won re-election in the 2013 election for New Jersey General Assembly District 11. Angelini was bracketed with Caroline Casagrande. She was unopposed in the June 4 Republican primary. She and incumbent Caroline Casagrande (R) defeated Edward Zipprich (D) and Kevin McMillan (D) in the general election which took place on November 5, 2013. 
Angelini won re-election in 2011. Angelini and incumbent Caroline Casagrande ran uncontested in the Republican Primary on June 7. They then defeated Kathleen Horgan (D), Vin Gopal (D), and Daniel Jacobson (I) in the November 8 general election.
First female legislative team
Since the Republican candidates won the general election, District 11 will feature the state's first all-female legislative team. In addition to Angelini and Casagrande, Jennifer Beck (R) won District 11 the New Jersey State Senate.
District 11 was reshaped to become a minority opportunity district. While NJSpotlight predicted a win for the GOP ticket, PolitickerNJ noted that the Asbury Park Press endorsement of Vin Gopal (D) could increase his chance of winning. Jennifer Beck (R) and Caroline Casagrande (R) were also endorsed--APP declined to endorse Angelini, Raymond Santiago (D), and Kathleen Horgan (D). In addition, the Democratic challengers in District 11 have raised over $100,000.
Running for re-election in the November 3, 2009 general election, Angelini received 36,100 votes (31%), defeating challengers J. Randy Bishop and Richard Bolger. She was bracketed with David Rible.
|New Jersey Assembly General Election, Eleventh Legislative District (2009)|
|Mary Pat Angelini (R)||36,278|
|David P. Rible (R)||35,936|
|J. Randy Bishop (D)||22,956|
|Richard J. Bolger (D)||22,063|
Comprehensive donor information for Angelini is available dating back to 2007. Based on available campaign finance records, Angelini raised a total of $672,817 during that time period. This information was last updated on August 16, 2013.
|Mary Pat Angelini's Campaign Contribution History|
|2011||New Jersey General Assembly, District 11||$387,951|
|2009||New Jersey General Assembly, District 11||$156,879|
|2007||New Jersey General Assembly, District 11||$127,987|
|Grand Total Raised||$672,817|
2011Angelini won re-election to the New Jersey General Assembly in 2011. During that election cycle, Angelini raised a total of $387,951.
|New Jersey General Assembly 2011 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Mary Pat Angelini's campaign in 2011|
|Election Fund Of Alex Decroce||$9,000|
|New Jersey Republican Party||$8,200|
|New Jersey Association Of Realtors||$7,900|
|New Jersey Automobile Dealers Assocation||$7,200|
|Bramnick For Assembly||$7,000|
|Total Raised in 2011||$387,951|
|Source:Follow the Money|
2009Angelini won re-election to the New Jersey General Assembly in 2009. During that election cycle, Angelini raised a total of $156,879.
|New Jersey General Assembly 2009 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Mary Pat Angelini's campaign in 2009|
|Election Fund of Alex Decroce||$6,086|
|Republican National Cmte||$5,700|
|New Jersey Education Association||$4,575|
|New Jersey Business & Industry Association||$3,225|
|Total Raised in 2009||$156,879|
|Source:Follow the Money|
2007Angelini won election to the New Jersey General Assembly in 2007. During that election cycle, Angelini raised a total of $127,987.
|New Jersey General Assembly 2007 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Mary Pat Angelini's campaign in 2007|
|New Jersey Republican Party||$49,607|
|Election Fund Of Alex Decroce||$8,200|
|New Jersey Business & Industry Association||$7,000|
|New Jersey Builders Association||$5,000|
|New Jersey Academy of Ophthalmology||$4,220|
|Total Raised in 2007||$127,987|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Angelini and her husband, Robert, have two grown children and three grandchildren.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Mary + Angelini + New Jersey + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Author inspired by 'Women and Politics' - North Brunswick Sentinel
- Increased use of prescription monitoring program may save lives, advocates say - The Express Times - LehighValleyLive.com
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Assemblywoman Mary Pat Angelini's personal website
- New Jersey General Assembly - Hon. Mary Pat Angelini
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- State Surge - Legislative and voting track record
- Campaign Contributions: 2011, 2009, 2007
- Mary Pat Angelini on Facebook
- Mary Pat Angelini on Twitter
- New Jersey Department of State, Official Primary Results
- New Jersey Department of State, Unofficial general election candidates
- ↑ Project Vote Smart - Assemblywoman Angelini
- ↑ New Jersey Legislature - Bills by Sponsor
- ↑ Project Vote Smart - Assemblywoman Angelini Issue Positions
- ↑ New Jersey Department of Elections, "Official Primary Election Results," Accessed July 26, 2013
- ↑ New Jersey Department of State, "Official general election candidates," September 9, 2013
- ↑ Associated Press, "New Jersey - Summary Vote Results," November 6, 2013
- ↑ New Jersey Department of State, 2011 Official General Assembly Primary Candidate List
- ↑ Atlanticville, "GOP legislators kick off run for 11th District," June 30, 2011
- ↑ PolitickerNJ, "New Jersey Legislative Forecast," November 1, 2011
- ↑ NJ Spotlight, "Election 2011: Where the Republicans Can Pick Up Assembly Seats," April 12, 2011
- ↑ Star Ledger 2009 Election Results, November 4, 2009
- ↑ Official New Jersey Assembly General Election Results
- ↑ followthemoney.org, "Angelini, Mary Pat," Accessed August 16, 2013
- ↑ Mitt Romney for President, "Mitt Romney Announces Support of New Jersey Leaders," December 15, 2011
State of New Jersey
|State executive officer||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Protection | Commissioner of Labor and Workforce Development | President of Public Utilities |