Mary S. Keefe
|Massachusetts House of Representatives, Fifteenth Worcester District|
|January 5, 2013 - Present|
|January 3, 2017|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Bachelor's||College of Wooster|
|J.D.||Capital University Law School|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Keefe served on the following committees:
|Massachusetts Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Steering, Policy and Scheduling|
|• Environment, Natural Resources and Agriculture Joint|
|• Labor and Workforce Development Joint|
Elections for the office of Massachusetts House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election was held on September 9, 2014, and a general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 3, 2014. Incumbent Mary Keefe defeated Philip Palmieri and Ralph Perez in the Democratic primary and was unopposed in the general election.
|Massachusetts House of Representatives, Fifteenth Worcester District Democratic Primary, 2014|
|Mary Keefe Incumbent||56.6%||1,343|
Keefe won election in the 2012 election for Massachusetts House of Representatives Fifteenth Worcester District. She defeated Ralph Perez, Kate Toomey, Dianna Biancheria, and Frank Beshai in the September 6 Democratic primary and defeated Brian O'Malley (R) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Massachusetts House of Representatives, Fifteenth Worcester District, General Election, 2012|
|Massachusetts House of Representatives, Fifteenth Worcester District Democratic Primary, 2012|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
- Massachusetts Fiscal Alliance: 2013-2014 Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on bills of interest to an organization advocating economically conservative policy.
- Massachusetts League of Environmental Voters: 2013 Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on environmental issues.
In 2012, Keefe's endorsements included the following:
- Mass Alliance
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Mary + Keefe + Massachusetts + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Massachusetts House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Joint Committees
- Massachusetts state legislative districts
- Massachusetts State Legislature
- Office website
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Mary Keefe on Facebook
- Massachusetts Secretary of the Commonwealth, "2014 State Primary Candidates," accessed September 9, 2014
- 2012 State Primary Candidate List, "Massachusetts Secretary of State," accessed June 26, 2012
- 2012 Massachusetts Secretary of State, Official 2012 Primary Results
- AP "Massachusetts - Summary Vote Results," accessed September 6, 2012
- Massalliance.org, "Keefe," accessed August 17, 2012
Vincent Pedone (D)
|Massachusetts House of Representatives Worcester 15
| Succeeded by|
State of Massachusetts
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Energy and Environmental Affairs | Secretary of Labor and Workforce Development | Chair of Public Utilities |