|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 17B|
|January 8, 2013 - present|
|January 6, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Profession||Special education teacher|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Sawatzky served on the following committees:
|Minnesota Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Education Policy|
|• State Government Finance and Veterans Affairs|
|• Transportation Policy|
Sawatzky's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "I will work to create more jobs in our district"
- Excerpt: "We need to support our schools for the future of Minnesota"
- Excerpt: "I will be your voice for affordable healthcare"
- Excerpt: "We need to invest in our roads and bridges"
- Excerpt: "I will use common sense with a collaborative approach"
Sawatzky won election in the 2012 election for Minnesota House of Representatives District 17B. She defeated Jessica Rohloff in the Democratic primary on August 14 and defeated incumbent Bruce Vogel (R) and Zachary Liebl (Independence) in the general election on November 6, 2012. 
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 17B, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Bruce Vogel Incumbent||44.2%||8,562|
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 17B Democratic Primary, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Sawatzky is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Sawatzky raised a total of $38,757 during that time period. This information was last updated on July 11, 2013.
|Mary Sawatzky's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Minnesota State House, District 17B||$38,757|
|Grand Total Raised||$38,757|
2012Sawatzky won election to the Minnesota House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Sawatzky raised a total of $38,757.
|Minnesota House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Mary Sawatzky's campaign in 2012|
|Kandiyohi County DFL||$3,550|
|17th Senate District DFL New||$500|
|International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers||$500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$38,757|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Taxpayers League of Minnesota
The Taxpayers League of Minnesota, a Minnesota-based taxpayer advocacy organization, releases a legislative scorecard for the Minnesota House of Representatives and Minnesota State Senate once a year. The scorecard gives each legislator a score based on how they voted in the prior legislative term on tax issues and “their efforts to balance the state budget without a tax increase.” The organization also compiles a legislator’s individual "Lifetime Score."
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Mary + Sawatzky + Minnesota + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Willmar businessman Dave Baker will seek Republican nod to challenge ... - West Central Tribune
- Straw polls, grassroots politics part of precinct caucuses set for Tuesday - West Central Tribune
- Second candidate announces plan to seek GOP nod for District 17B race - West Central Tribune
- "marysawatzky," Official Campaign Website
- Minnesota Secretary of State "2012 State General Election Candidate Filings," Accessed June 18, 2012
- AP "Minnesota - Summary Vote Results," Accessed August 15, 2012
- Follow the Money, "Sawatzky, Mary." Retrieved July 11, 2013.
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecards," accessed September 27, 2013
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecard, 2013," accessed September 27, 2013
Bob Barrett (R)
|Minnesota House of Representatives District 17B
| Succeeded by|
State of Minnesota
St. Paul (capital)
Minnesota State Constitution | House of Representatives | Senate | County Attorney | House Research Department | Legislative Reference Library | Senate Counsel Research and Fiscal Analysis | Legislative Auditor |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Commissioner of Management and Budget | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chair of Public Utilities |