Massachusetts' 5th Congressional District elections, 2014
November 4, 2014
September 9, 2014
Cook Political Report: Solid D
Sabato's Crystal Ball: Safe D
|Candidate Filing Deadline||Primary Election||General Election|
Primary: Massachusetts is one of 21 states with a mixed primary system. Unaffiliated voters are allowed to vote in the primary election. They may choose which party ballot they wish to vote on and still remain unaffiliated.
- See also: Massachusetts elections, 2014
Incumbent: Heading into the election the incumbent was Katherine Clark (D). Clark won the special election on December 13, 2013.
General election candidates
- Katherine Clark - Incumbent
General election results
|U.S. House, Massachusetts District 5 General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||Katherine Clark Incumbent||71%||182,100|
|Source: Massachusetts Secretary of State Official Results|
|U.S. House, Massachusetts District 5 Democratic Primary, 2014|
|Katherine Clark Incumbent||81.2%||57,014|
|Source: Massachusetts Elections Division|
|Candidate ballot access|
|Find detailed information on ballot access requirements in all 50 states and Washington D.C.|
The 5th District of Massachusetts held an election for the U.S. House of Representatives on November 6, 2012. Incumbent Niki Tsongas (D) ran for the 3rd District seat due to redistricting in 2012. The 7th District incumbent Ed Markey won the 5th District seat. He defeated Tom Tierney (R) in the general election.
|U.S. House, Massachusetts District 5 General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Ed Markey Incumbent||70.7%||257,490|
|Source: Massachusetts Secretary of State "Return of Votes"|
On November 2, 2010, Niki Tsongas won re-election to the United States House. She defeated Jon Golnik (R), Dale E. Brown (Liberty) and Robert M. Clark (Citizen Legislator) in the general election.
- United States House of Representatives elections in Massachusetts, 2014
- United States House of Representatives elections, 2014
- BP News: Few Republican challengers in Massachusetts congressional races
- Cook Political Report, "2014 HOUSE RACE RATINGS FOR June 26, 2014," accessed August 7, 2014
- Sabato's Crystal Ball, "2014 House Races," accessed August 7, 2014
- Fairvote, "FairVote Releases Projections for the 2014 Congressional Elections," accessed August 7, 2014
- Politico, "2014 Massachusetts House Primaries Results," accessed September 9, 2014
- Politico, "House Election Results," accessed November 4, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "July Quarterly Report of Receipts and Disbursements," accessed October 2, 2014
- Secretary of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Website, "Massachusetts Directory of Political Parties and Designations," accessed January 3, 2014
- Secretary of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Website, "Voter Registration Information," accessed January 3, 2014
- Massachuestts Redistricting Map "Map" accessed August 31, 2012
- Sheldon Schwartz for Congress, "Home," accessed May 13, 2014
- Politico, "2012 Election Map, Massachusetts"
- U.S. Congress House Clerk, "Statistics of the Congressional Election of November 2, 2010," accessed March 28, 2013