Massachusetts 1986 ballot measures
- Two measures were legislatively-referred constitutional amendments.
- Three measure were indirect initiated state statutes.
- One measure was a veto referendum.
- Two measures were advisory questions.
- Four of the measures were approved and four were defeated.
On the ballot
|Question 1||Abortion||Allows the legislature to prohibit or regulate abortion||
|Question 2||Education||Permits public aid for private students and education institutions||
|IndISS||Question 3||Taxes||Repeals state surtax||
|IndISS||Question 4||Environment||Requires the Department of Environmental Quality Engineering to identify hazardous waste sites||
|VR||Question 5||Transportation||Requires the use of seat belts in motor vehicles||
|IndISS||Question 6||Elections||Permits mail-in voter registration||
|AQ||Question 7||Health Care||Urges the U.S. Congress to enact a national health care program||
|AQ||Question 8||Environment||Urges the U.S. Congress and President to enact a national program to combat acid rain||