Massachusetts 2000 ballot measures
- Two measures on the ballot were legislatively referred.
- Six measures on the ballot were citizen initiatives.
- Through 1998, 50 citizen-initiated ballot propositions had appeared on the Massachusetts ballot since the beginning of the process in 1920.
- Of those 50, 27 passed.
On the ballot
|Question 1||Admin. of gov't||Require that the periodic redrawing of district boundaries for state legislators new census data.||
|Question 2||Civil rights||Limit the voting rights of incarcerated felons.||
|CISS||Question 3||Animal rights||Prohibit dog races where betting or wagering occurs.||
|CISS||Question 4||Tax reform||Lower the state personal income tax by 5%.||
|CISS||Question 5||Health care||Require health insurance carries to provide certain rights to patients and health care professionals.||
|CISS||Question 6||Tax reform||Corporate excise tax credit for Massachusetts tolls and motor vehicle excise taxes.||
|CISS||Question 7||Tax reform||State income tax deduction for chariable contributions.||
|CISS||Question 8||Law enforcement||Creation of a state Drug Treatment Trust Fund.||
- Massachusetts signature requirements
- List of Massachusetts ballot measures
- 2000 ballot measures
- List of ballot measures by state
State of Massachusetts
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Energy and Environmental Affairs | Secretary of Labor and Workforce Development | Chair of Public Utilities |