|Idaho House of Representatives District 19A|
|December 1, 2012-Present|
|December 1, 2014|
|Years in position||2|
|Per diem||$122/day outside Boise, $49/day otherwise|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Psychology, Idaho State University (1997)|
|Master's||MA, Adult Education and Organizational Learning, University of Idaho, Boise|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Erpelding served on the following committees:
|Idaho Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Agricultural Affairs|
|• Resources and Conservation|
|• Revenue and Taxation|
Erpelding's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Education for All
- Excerpt: "I will work to fully fund public education at every level; support teachers’ rights to collectively bargain for fair wages; ensure that higher education is accessible to all Idaho high school graduates; enhance early childhood learning opportunities; repeal the Luna Laws and restore balance to public education."
- Advocate for Human Rights
- Excerpt: "I will work to protect the rights of every human being, the right to choose, and the rights of workers. I will speak out against the injustices proposed by the radical right."
- Responsible Economic Growth
- Excerpt: "I will work to expand Idaho’s economy by investing in renewable energy sources that support high-paying jobs; expand on regional expertise to increase business and production efficiency; ensure infrastructure improvements keep up with Idaho’s rapid growth; and bring prosperity to the middle class."
- Protecting our Quality of Life
- Excerpt: "I will work to expand long-term economic investment that provide cities and counties with resources to develop quality outdoor recreation opportunities; preserve Idaho’s open space and public lands; partner with stakeholders to reach the best possible wildlife and land management plans; and protect Idaho’s clean air and clean water."
Erpelding won election in the 2012 election for Idaho House of Representatives District 19A. He defeated J. Dallas Gudgell and Troy Rohn in the Democratic primary on May 15 and defeated Mike Washburn (R) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Idaho House of Representatives, District 19A, General Election, 2012|
|Idaho House of Representatives District 19A Democratic Primary, 2012|
|J. Dallas Gudgell||16.8%||509|
Comprehensive donor information for Erpelding is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Erpelding raised a total of $33,894 during that time period. This information was last updated on December 12, 2013.
|Mathew Erpelding's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Idaho House, District 19||$33,894|
|Grand Total Raised||$33,894|
2012Erpelding won election to the Idaho House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Erpelding raised a total of $33,894.
|Idaho House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Mathew Erpelding's campaign in 2012|
|Saltzman, Larry & Betty||$1,500|
|Idaho State AFL-CIO||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$33,894|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Idaho Freedom Index
The Idaho Freedom Foundation, an Idaho-based, nonprofit educational research institute, released its "Idaho Freedom Index" in 2013. The index intended to show how Idaho legislators voted on the principles the Foundation seeks to promote. It measured each state legislator based on two tiers, which include whether legislators voted for or against bills that would create or eliminate government agencies, programs, and regulations, and bills that would impact the free market in a positive or negative way. Scores ranged from the highest possible score for members of the state Senate (194 points) and for members of the state House (180 points). A higher score indicated that the legislator voted more in favor of the values supported by the Foundation. Erpelding received a score of -76 points in the 2013 index, ranking 67th out of 70 members of the Idaho House of Representatives that were evaluated for the study.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Mathew + Erpelding + Idaho + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Rep. Erpelding's website
- Campaign Website
- Mathew Erpelding on Facebook
- Mathew Erpelding on Twitter
- Project Vote Smart profile
- Mathew Erpelding, "Issues," accessed October 15, 2012
- Idaho Secretary of State, "Primary Candidate List," accessed April 6, 2012
- Idaho Secretary of State Election Division, "May 15, 2012 Primary Election Results," accessed 6 July 2012
- Idaho Secretary of State – Elections Division, “November 6, 2012 General Election Results,” accessed December 27, 2012
- Follow the Money, "Erpelding, Mathew," accessed December 12, 2013
- Idaho Freedom Foundation "2013 Freedom Index," accessed August 19, 2013
Cherie Buckner-Webb (D)
|Idaho House of Representatives District 19A
| Succeeded by|