For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|U.S. House, California, District 24|
|Bachelor's||California Polytechnic State University, 2008|
|Master's||California Polytechnic State University, 2010|
Boutte's campaign website listed the following issues:
- The Long-Term Deficit
- Excerpt: "As large as the deficits of the last decade have been, they’re about to grow astronomically larger. Unfunded obligations of the Federal government to programs like Social Security and Medicare exceed $60 trillion and are about to come due."
- Jobs and the Economy
- Excerpt: "I don’t think we’re going to see the kind of economic and job market growth we want to see until looming deficits are dealt with. There’s simply too much uncertainty about whether the Federal government will be able to meet its obligations and whether Congress will ever again be a functional institution."
- Congressional Reform
- Excerpt: "There are been a large amount of talk over the last year or so from organizations such as No Labels about congressional reform. In general, I’m supportive of such measures but do not believe they are a silver bullet. They are procedural changes that can make the substantive changes we need easier, but they won’t make the substantive changes alone."
- Excerpt: "Many people approach the energy as an either/or issue, but I think we’re still in a both/and place. It used to be that virtually all of our energy came from coal and petroleum based sources. Hopefully someday we’ll live in a world where all of our energy comes from renewable sources. But we aren’t there yet – we’re somewhere in between."
According to the Washington Post, the 24th was a new battleground as Democrats and Republicans sought to gain control of the House. 23rd District incumbent Lois Capps, displaced into the 24th with redistricting, found herself running in a district that was nearly evenly split Democratic and Republican. She formerly had a Democratic advantage in the double-digits.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Matt + Boutte + California + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
State of California
|Ballot measures by year||
1910 | 1911 | 1912 | 1914 | 1915 | 1916 | 1919 | 1920 | 1922 | 1924 | 1926 | 1928 | 1930 | 1932 | 1933 | 1934 | 1935 | 1936 | 1938 | 1939 | 1940 | 1942 | 1944 | 1946 | 1948 | 1949 | 1950 | 1952 | 1954 | 1956 | 1958 | 1960 | 1962 | 1964 | 1966 | 1968 | 1970 | 1972 | 1973 | 1974 | 1976 | 1978 | 1980 | 1982 | 1984 | 1986 | 1988 | 1990 | 1992 | 1993 | 1994 | 1996 | 1998 | 2000 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2006 (local) | 2008 | 2008 (local) | 2009 | 2009 (local) | 2010 | 2010 (local) | 2011 (local) | 2012 | 2012 (local) | 2014 | 2016 |
|State executive offices||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Controller | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary for Natural Resources | Director of Industrial Relations | President of Public Utilities |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
California school districts A - L |
California school districts M - Z |