|Illinois House of Representatives, District 102|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|High school||Strasburg High School|
|Profession||Real estate broker|
Forcum earned his A.A. from Lake Land in 2007. His professional experience includes working Real Estate Broker for Century 21 Realty Concepts since 2007 and for Forcum Excavating, Incorporated since 2007.
Forcum's campaign website highlights the following issues:
Promote local education
- Excerpt: "Education is key to having a quality workforce - whether it's bricklaying or banking, a sound education paves the way to a quality career. I have a plan to promote higher education in Illinois, and get Illinois high school seniors on the path that's best for them by increasing the development of the Community College System. I'll be posting more on this as I continue to refine the specifics of the idea."
End the abuse of power by legislators
- Excerpt: "I will refuse a legislative pension on the first day of my term, and will sponsor legislation to end pensions for Illinois' legislators. Serving in the General Assembly is a privilege, not a career path."
Growing Business and creating jobs
- Excerpt: "I will work to make Illinois a place where business wants start up, expand, and thrive. Healthy businesses mean good employment opportunities and that means thriving communities. That's why I believe Illinois needs to reinvest in infrastructure and focus on our accessible transportation network to develop new industries with stable good paying jobs. I will make it easier for businesses to start up, and for those existing employers in Illinois to grow their operation and create more good-paying jobs."
Protecting gun owners rights
- Excerpt: "The recent passage of concealed carry finally brought Illinois in line with every other state by allowing citizens to exercise their constitutional right without penalty. This is a step forward for Illinois, but we must always be on the lookout for those that would attempt to continue an assault on law-abiding citizens. As an NRA member, I will be a clear voice for the people of the 102nd District in protecting the rights of gun owners, hunters, and sportsmen."
Building strong communities
- Excerpt: "As a firefighter and EMT, I know the value of community service. That's why I will work to increase access to funding for local organizations like our volunteer fire and ambulance services that many times struggle to stay ahead. Our communities rely on the state to keep up its commitment for education funding in order to keep our schools operating. I have seen first hand the impact of the state failing to meet it's obligations and I will fight to give every child access to a top notch education system."
Elections for the office of Illinois House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place March 18, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was December 2, 2013. Matt Forcum ran unopposed in the Democratic primary, while incumbent Adam M. Brown ran unopposed in the Republican primary. Forcum and Brown will face off in the general election.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Matt + Forcum + Illinois + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Matt Forcum on Facebook
- Matt Forcum on Twitter
State of Illinois
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Auditor General | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor | Chairman of Commerce Commission |