|Former candidate for|
|U.S. House, New York, District 21|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
Funiciello listed the following issues on his campaign website:
—Matt Funiciello, Campaign website (archive)
The 21st Congressional District of New York held an election for the U.S. House of Representatives on November 4, 2014. Because incumbent Bill Owens (D) did not run for re-election, many predicted a close race between Republican, Conservative and Independence Party candidate Elise Stefanik and Democratic and Working Families Party candidate Aaron Woolf. Contrary to expectations, Stefanik defeated Woolf by a wide margin of victory, switching the partisan control of the seat from Democratic to Republican.
Matt Funiciello also ran against Stefanik and Woolf on the Green ticket. Neither Woolf nor Funiciello faced competition in the primary election on June 24, 2014, while Stefanik battled with Matt Doheny for the Republican nomination. Although Doheny won the Independence Party's nomination, he was later nominated for a state Supreme Court judgeship, which removed him from the ballot and allowed the Independence Party to endorse Stefanik.
New York's 21st was considered a battleground district in 2014. Although Democratic President Barack Obama won the district by a fairly safe 6.1 percent margin of victory in 2012, Owens won by a mere 1.9 percent margin of victory that same year. In addition, with New York's 21st being an open seat in 2014, none of the candidates possessed the advantages that often come with incumbency, such as increased campaign finances and name recognition.
|U.S. House, New York District 21 General Election, 2014|
|Source: New York State Board of Elections Vote totals above are unofficial and will be updated once official totals are made available.|
Funiciello received the following endorsements in his 2014 bid for U.S. Congress:
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Matt + Funiciello + New York + Congress"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- United States House of Representatives
- New York's 21st Congressional District elections, 2014
- New York's 21st Congressional District
- New York Board of Elections, "Candidate Petition List," accessed April 14, 2014
- Associated Press, "New York - Summary Vote Results," accessed June 24, 2014
- Matt Funiciello for Congress, "Issues," accessed October 7, 2014
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- Politico, "2014 New York House Election Results," accessed November 8, 2014
- Matt Funiciello for Congress, "Nader Rallies for Hawkins, Funiciello," accessed October 7, 2014
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
New York Supreme Court | Trial Court | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Civil Courts | County Courts | Surrogate Courts | Family Courts | Civil Courts | Court of Statewide Claims | Town Courts | Village Courts | City Civil Court | City Criminal Court | District Court Nassau & Suffolk | City Courts (Outside New York City) | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |