|Former candidate for|
|South Carolina House of Representatives, District 32|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
Iyer's campaign website highlighted the following issues:
Stronger Environmental Legislation
- Excerpt: "A complete review of the pollution crisis in Cannon’s Campground is needed to address the illegal disposal of toxic chemicals by the Hoechst Celanese polyester fiber plant that used to operate in Spartanburg."
Public School Funding
- Excerpt: "Our schools are some of the most important institutions in this country. They are teaching the future of America, and we do not give it enough attention. Many of the problems we face today on a local and global scale can all be solved with Education. It is time we start preparing for the future."
- Excerpt: "For no reason, other than partisan politics, our Governor and state Legislatures have blocked Medicaid expansion. The Federal Government will foot the bill so all these programs are paid for. The Republican ideology ensures that millions of people will die because of their partisanship."
Increase in State minimum wage
- Excerpt: "Women’s rights are constantly being undermined by the Republican party. They do not receive the proper healthcare that a first world country should deliver to all the potential mothers of the future of our country. Equal Pay is just common sense."
Elections for all 124 seats in the South Carolina House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 10, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 30, 2014. Matt Iyer was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Incumbent Derham Cole, Jr. was unopposed in the Republican primary. Iyer was defeated by Cole in the general election.
|South Carolina State House, District 32, General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Derham Cole, Jr. Incumbent||74.8%||7,100|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Matt + Iyer + South + Carolina + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official campaign website
- Matt Iyer on Facebook
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- South Carolina State Legislature
- South Carolina State Election Commission, "2014 Election Information," accessed March 31, 2014
- Matt 32, "Issues," accessed September 29, 2014
- South Carolina State Election Commission, "Election Results," accessed June 10, 2014
- South Carolina State Election Commission, "Official general election results," accessed November 13, 2014
State of South Carolina
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller General | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor, Licensing and Regulation | Chairman of Public Service Commission |