Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Former candidate for|
|Board member, Wilkes County School Board, At-large|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||May 6, 2014|
- See also: Wilkes County Schools elections (2014)
|Wilkes County Schools, At-Large General Election, 4-year term, 2014|
|Nonpartisan||Randall Holbrook Incumbent||29.3%||3,905|
|Nonpartisan||Sharron N. Huffman Incumbent||29.2%||3,899|
|Nonpartisan||Maria Barringer (Write-In)||0.5%||67|
|Source: North Carolina Board of Elections, "05/06/2014 OFFICIAL PRIMARY ELECTION RESULTS - WILKES," accessed June 3, 2014|
Ledford did not report any campaign contributions or expenditures to the North Carolina State Board of Elections.
Ledford did not receive any official endorsements for his campaign.
About the district
- See also: Wilkes County Schools, North Carolina
Wilkes County underperformed in comparison to the rest of North Carolina in terms of higher education achievement in 2012. The United States Census Bureau found that 12.1% of Wilkes County residents aged 25 years and older had attained a Bachelor's degree compared to 26.8% for North Carolina as a whole. The median household income in Wilkes County was $32,009 compared to $46,450 for the state of North Carolina. The poverty rate in Wilkes County was 22.4% compared to 16.8% for the entire state.
Note: The United States Census Bureau considers "Hispanic or Latino" to be a place of origin, not a race. Therefore, the Census allows citizens to report both their race and that they are from a "Hispanic or Latino" place of origin simultaneously. As a result, the percentages in each column of the racial demographics table will exceed 100 percent. Each column will add up to 100 percent after removing the "Hispanic or Latino" place of origin percentages, although rounding by the Census Bureau may make the total one or two tenths off from being exactly 100 percent. This Ballotpedia page provides a more detailed explanation of how the Census Bureau handles race and ethnicity in its surveys.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Matt + Ledford + Wilkes + County + Schools"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "NC Campaign Report Search By Entity," accessed April 7, 2014
- United States Census Bureau, "Wilkes County, North Carolina," accessed April 7, 2014
- National Center for Education Statistics, "ELSI Table Generator," accessed February 18, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "NC Voter Statistics Results," accessed April 7, 2014
- United States Census Bureau, "Frequently Asked Questions," accessed April 21, 2014
|2014 Wilkes County Schools Elections|
|Wilkes County, North Carolina|
|Election date:||May 6, 2014|
|Candidates:||At-large: • Randall Holbrook • Sharron N. Huffman • Larry Pendry • Matt Ledford|
|Important information:||Key deadlines • Additional elections on the ballot|