|Hawaii House of Representatives, District 41|
|November 4, 2014 - Present|
|November 7, 2016|
|Years in position||1|
|Per diem||$175/day off Oahu; $10/day on Oahu|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 4, 2014|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
LoPresti's professional experience includes serving as the chair of the Asian and Pacific Studies Program and Associate Professor of Philosophy and Humanities at Hawaii Pacific University. He received his Ph.D from the University of Hawaii at Manoa.
LoPresti's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
(1) Securing Quality Education and resources (like A/C and a second High School) for our keiki.
(2) Addressing Traffic as the number one quality of life issue.
(3) Ensuring that Quality Jobs & Affordable Housing are available for our working families.
(4) Supporting our kupuna with appropriate healthcare services and the ability to age in place.
(5) Protecting and preserving Hawaii’s natural beauty and resources for future generations.
Elections for the office of Hawaii House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on August 9, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 3, 2014. Matthew Lopresti defeated incumbent Rida Cabanilla Arakawa in the Democratic primary, while Bryan E. Jeremiah defeated Steve Wiggins in the Republican primary. Lopresti defeated Jeremiah and Tom Berg (L) in the general election.
|Hawaii House of Representatives, District 41, General Election, 2014|
|Libertarian||Bryan E. Jeremiah||35.6%||2,178|
|Hawaii House of Representatives, District 41 Democratic Primary, 2014|
|Rida Cabanilla Arakawa Incumbent||36.9%||1,208|
|Hawaii House of Representatives, District 41 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Bryan E. Jeremiah||64.5%||588|
LoPresti ran in the 2012 election for Hawaii House of Representatives District 41. LoPresti was defeated by District 42 incumbent Rida Cabanilla Arakawa in the Democratic primary on August 11, 2012.
|Hawaii House of Representatives, District 41 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|Rida Cabanilla Arakawa Incumbent||59.9%||1,895|
In 2014, LoPresti's endorsements included the following:
- Equality Hawaii
- Hawaii Building and Construction Trades Council, AFL-CIO
- Hawaii Center for Food Safety
- Hawaii Government Employees Association, AFSCME Local 152, AFL-CIO (HGEA)
- Hawaii Optometric Political Action Committee
- Hawaii Regional Council of Carpenters
- Hawaii State Teachers Association (HSTA)
- International Union of Painters and Allied Trades (IUPAT)
- International Longshore & Warehouse Union (ILWU)
- GLBT Caucus, Hawaii Democratic Party
- Planned Parenthood Hawaii Action Network
- Plumbers and Fitters UA Local 675
- Progressive PAC
- Sierra Club
- State of Hawaii Police Officers Union (SHOPO)
- Unite Here! Local 5
- University of Hawaii Professional Assembly
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Matt + LoPresti + Hawaii + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Hawaii State Legislature
- Hawaii House of Representatives
- Hawaii House Committees
- Hawaii state legislative districts
- Profile from the Hawaii House of Representatives
- Official campaign website
- Profile from Open States
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Matt LoPresti on Facebook
- Matt LoPresti on Twitter
- Matt4Ewa, "Biography," accessed July 22, 2014
- Matt4Ewa, "Campaign platform," accessed July 22, 2014
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- Hawaii Secretary of State, "Official primary candidate list," accessed June 6, 2014
- Hawaii Secretary of State, "Official primary election results," accessed August 25, 2014
- Hawaii Secretary of State, "Official general election results," accessed November 12, 2014
- civilbeat.com, "Unofficial 2012 Primary election candidate list," accessed March 24, 2014
- Hawaii Secretary of State, "Official 2012 Primary election results," accessed March 24, 2014
- Matt4Ewa, "Endorsements," accessed July 22, 2014
Rida Cabanilla (D)
|Hawaii House of Representatives District 41
| Succeeded by|