|Hawaii House of Representatives, District 41|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
LoPresti's professional experience includes serving as the chair of the Asian and Pacific Studies Program and Associate Professor of Philosophy and Humanities at Hawaii Pacific University. He received his Ph.D from the University of Hawaii at Manoa.
LoPresti's website has emphasized the following campaign themes:
(1) Securing Quality Education and resources (like A/C and a second High School) for our keiki.
(2) Addressing Traffic as the number one quality of life issue.
(3) Ensuring that Quality Jobs & Affordable Housing are available for our working families.
(4) Supporting our kupuna with appropriate healthcare services and the ability to age in place.
(5) Protecting and preserving Hawaii’s natural beauty and resources for future generations.
LoPresti has been endorsed by the following organizations:
- Equality Hawaii
- Hawaii Building and Construction Trades Council, AFL-CIO
- Hawaii Center for Food Safety
- Hawaii Government Employees Association, AFSCME Local 152, AFL-CIO (HGEA)
- Hawaii Optometric Political Action Committee
- Hawaii Regional Council of Carpenters
- Hawaii State Teachers Association (HSTA)
- International Union of Painters and Allied Trades (IUPAT)
- International Longshore & Warehouse Union (ILWU)
- GLBT Caucus, Hawaii Democratic Party
- Planned Parenthood Hawaii Action Network
- Plumbers and Fitters UA Local 675
- Progressive PAC
- Sierra Club
- State of Hawaii Police Officers Union (SHOPO)
- Unite Here! Local 5
- University of Hawaii Professional Assembly
Elections for the office of Hawaii House of Representatives will consist of a primary election on August 9, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 3, 2014. Incumbent Rida Cabanilla Arakawa will face Matthew Lopresti in the Democratic primary, while Bryan E. Jeremiah will face Steve Wiggins in the Republican primary. Tom Berg is running as a Libertarian.
LoPresti ran in the 2012 election for Hawaii House of Representatives District 41. LoPresti was defeated by District 42 incumbent Rida Cabanilla Arakawa in the Democratic primary on August 11, 2012.
|Hawaii House of Representatives, District 41 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|Rida Cabanilla Arakawa Incumbent||59.9%||1,895|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Matt + LoPresti + Hawaii + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Hawaii House of Representatives
- Hawaii House of Representatives District 41
- Hawaii House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Hawaii State Legislature
- Hawaii Secretary of State - Official primary candidate list
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Matt LoPresti on Facebook
- Matt LoPresti on Twitter
- Matt4Ewa, "Biography," accessed July 22, 2014
- Matt4Ewa, "Campaign platform," accessed July 22, 2014
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- Matt4Ewa, "Endorsements," accessed July 22, 2014
- Hawaii Secretary of State, "Official primary candidate list," accessed June 6, 2014
- civilbeat.com, "Unofficial 2012 Primary election candidate list," accessed March 24, 2014
- Hawaii Secretary of State, "Official 2012 Primary election results," accessed March 24, 2014