Matt Lundy (Michigan)
|Former candidate for|
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 104|
Lundy's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
Cutting salaries for state legislators
- Excerpt: "First and foremost, we must end the culture of entitled politicians in Lansing. I fully support a part-time legislature."
Making “Made In Michigan” an international demand
- Excerpt: "Governor Snyder recently spoke of highlighting our great manufacturing and agricultural industries. I believe we need to promote these products in markets around the world, especially in Asia, where “Made in America” is considered a luxury that people are willing to pay for it."
Cutting Red Tape for Entrepreneurs
- Excerpt: "America became the country it is because it allowed people with ideas to flourish. We no longer do this. I want to limit regulations and licensing on small businesses."
- Excerpt: "I believe that all school subjects have a practical purpose, from math and literature, to physical education and the arts. The best people to bring these ideas to fruition are teachers themselves. I favor giving teachers more freedom in the classroom to do what they were trained to do."
Dirty Jobs Education
- Excerpt: "My generation no longer values manual labor, we see it as beneath us. This must change. If elected I plan to push schools and community colleges, to offer more training in fields like plumbing, construction, mechanics and agriculture."
Elections for the office of Michigan House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 5, 2014, and a general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 22, 2014. Betsy Coffia defeated Penny Larcom in the Democratic primary. Eight candidates ran in the Republican primary; Larry Inman won, with Robert Hentschel and Isaiah Wunsch finishing second and third, respectively. Coffia faces Inman in the general election.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 104 Democratic Primary, 2014|
In 2014, Lundy's endorsements included:
- Right to Life of Michigan
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Matt + Lundy + Michigan + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Michigan House of Representatives
- Michigan House of Representatives District 104
- Michigan House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Michigan State Legislature
- Official campaign website
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Matt Lundy on Facebook
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan Primary Candidate Listing," accessed May 27, 2014
- mattlundy104.com, "Issues," accessed August 1, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "Representative in State Legislature," accessed August 6, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan General Candidate Listing," accessed September 8, 2014
- Right to Life of Michigan, "Elections," accessed June 18, 2014
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture and Rural Development | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Economic Growth | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
Michigan Supreme Court | Supreme Court Elections | Court of Appeals | First Circuit Court of Appeals | Second Circuit Court of Appeals | Third Circuit Court of Appeals | Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals | List of Michigan Circuit Courts | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |