|Former candidate for|
|Michigan State Senate, District 15|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
Maddock's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "I am in favor of eliminating the federal Department of Education (created in 1979) and returning 100% of our money, educational control and decisions back to Michigan. Our schools will have more money and resources for our teachers and students. We’ll have more educational freedom."
- Excerpt: "Creating a pro-business climate will lure additional businesses to Michigan, employ more people and provide additional (new) tax revenue. I believe government often gets in the way of free enterprise growth and if we’re not careful with the fine balance of prudent regulation, this will continue to slow job growth."
- Excerpt: "I will never participate in or support any legislation where the government picks and chooses private-sector winners and losers. The free market (you and I) does that best."
Balanced Budget Amendment and Federal Term Limits
- Excerpt: "I support a Federal Balanced Budget Amendment and would support an Article V Convention if it gains support of the 38 states. I would also support Federal Term Limits as part of this Convention."
Infrastructure and Roads
- Excerpt: "Michigan families have been forced to tighten their belts and I know Michigan government can do the same. We pay enough taxes. We need to find ways to cut waste in 27 state departments before we ask our citizens for more hard earned tax dollars."
- See also: Michigan State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Michigan State Senate took place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 5, 2014, and a general election took place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 22, 2014. Michael D. Smith defeated Tom Crawford in the Democratic primary. Incumbent Mike Kowall defeated Matt Maddock and Ron Molnar in the Republican primary. Kowall defeated Smith in the general election.
|Michigan State Senate, District 15 General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Mike Kowall Incumbent||58.5%||52,797|
|Michigan State Senate, District 15 Democratic Primary, 2014|
|Michael D. Smith||61.3%||6,867|
|Michigan State Senate, District 15 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Mike Kowall Incumbent||49.8%||11,344|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Matt + Maddock + Michigan + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Michigan State Senate
- Michigan State Senate District 15
- Michigan State Senate elections, 2014
- Michigan State Legislature
- Official campaign website
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Matt Maddock on Facebook
- Matt Maddock
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan Primary Candidate Listing," accessed May 27, 2014
- mattmaddock.com, "Issues," accessed June 18, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "State Senator," accessed August 6, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "State Senator," accessed December 5, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan General Candidate Listing," accessed September 8, 2014